Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:45:15 AM

Author Topic: Problem with setting up mach3  (Read 17276 times)

Re: Problem with setting up mach3
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 03:05:19 PM »
Thanks a lot for your input and suggestions. The "jog" wasn't the problem, and I got the ports and pins to accept my address now, but sense the keyboard won't move the axis accordingly, I don't know if my problems solved or not. I hired a "compter tech" to figure it out a week ago and he was into the configs, and function configs etc.... I betcha he turned something on, or off that made my key board no work but its so weird just because under config, system hot keys, my up,down,left right, works perfect, but not on the actual program, is there a possibility that someone could email me what the "general config" should be? There is so many boxes to check and uncheck that I'd bet that this is my problem.
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 03:09:35 PM »
Also, under my "driver test" my pulse rating stays at 0 percent, with 0 pulses per second, until 15 seconds go by and it says "mach1 test complete".
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 02:39:37 PM »
Okay, keyboard up and running, the drivers weren't installed properly. So now everything on the mach 3 screen is running as normal! Finally. But,I still can't get normal function out of my table. I believe it something with the ports and pins, when I use the first address on my parallel port properties, it does nothing, but when I use the second number it slightly moves the head but in the wrong direction.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 05:43:26 PM »
At least you are making progress.
What do you mean by first and second numbers ??
From the  Resource I/O Range it is the first number in the range that is used.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 03:11:07 AM »
Chadgarber,

Please ignore my earlier post.
I have spent some time thinking about the troubles you are having and have concluded that it is not a Mach problem but rather an installation problem.
If you do have a corrupt installation of either Windows, Mach or CandCNC you will be chasing straws forever.

In your position, I would put aside the existing PC – obtain another old PC with a fresh installation of WindowsXP and nothing else, print out a hard copy of the CandCNC installation instructions then follow them to the letter, transferring your PCI parallel port cards to the new PC and installing / setting Mach as appropriate.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 11:28:17 AM »
Hi guys, its been a couple weeks since I've been on the forums due to a health complication with an extremely close loved one. Anyways thanks for all your help this far and I'm so close I can taste it. Everything is running 100percent normal except when it goes to cut my selected part on my plas-table, it runs entirely normal except my plas-head turns on, pierces a hole, the head turns off, then keeps going as if its cutting my part. Any help would be appreciated!
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 02:55:37 PM »
Hi yall! Does anybody know how to get my e-stop switches on my plasma table to work? Before whenver I'd push the buttons on my table, it would make the reset button flash off and on. Now it doesn't.
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 12:25:02 PM »
Does anybody know how to turn on/off my e-stop? I've looked to no avail and I've posted a couple posts about it with no answers yet. I have 4 e-stop/ limit switches that act as if there are not connected when in deed they are. Is there some sort of test? Or something I need to do? Thanks a million and happy cutting!
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2014, 02:59:28 PM »
another newbie here….my keyboard will not jog either. new install of latest version. will jog from screen buttons, no problem. If anyone knows why, please let me know.