Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:15:49 PM

Author Topic: Problem with setting up mach3  (Read 17240 times)

Re: Problem with setting up mach3
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 06:13:21 PM »
I still have problems getting my keyboard to communicate with mach 3. The keyboard reacts to every other program on my comp. But not mach 3. So therefore it is impossible to check if it runs my table, I don't have a clue why either, before today, when I would push the buttons to move the plas table, it would make the x,y,z numbers grow and shrink as normal, but now it doesn't.
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 11:30:18 AM »
Happy new year mach3 users!! I believe I have found the source of my problem in getting my plasma table up and running, I do not know how to solve it thou. When I try to put my port address into the ports and pin config, it will not save them, it always goes back to the default even thou I hit apply. I also wonder if my thc is even being recognized because when I ran this same table and same components as before, the reset light would flash if my thc box wasn't on. And now it doesn't.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 11:46:30 AM »
What are your actual port addresses ??
What addresses does Mach revert to ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 02:18:46 PM »
Port #1 0Xbcf8.    Port #2 0Xaf00
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 05:57:31 PM »
Also my keyboard works fine in every other program, and it works for changing the pins and port addresses for instance, but it will not move the x,y,z, axis numbers larger and smaller as it did b4.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 02:50:14 AM »
The numbered arrow keys behave differently if Num Lock is selected but other than that only certain keys are affected by the keyboard regional settings features within Windows.

Both port address you have given load and stay OK here - Check in device manager for device address conflicts.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 11:01:26 AM »
Okay so that really doesn't answer my question about why previously when I pushed the arrows, the x,y,z, axis numbers on mach3s page would move accordingly, as they always have for the last 4 years. Whether the table was on or not, those numbers should grow and shrink according to waht numbers you push.
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 11:25:16 AM »
Also I've tried the system hotkeys and everything works fine, very frusturated, maybe did I download a bad copy or something? Iv e used mach3 for 4 years, so I believe I have a pretty good knowledge of the program, but nothing seems to get me running, is there anyway I can download it again? Will I need a new licence if I do? Any suggestions would be fantastic at this time, there's a pretty good chance that I'm going to be laid off if I can't get my plas-table up and running. Thanks for all your help thus far tweakie!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 11:41:44 AM »
In the Mach folder copy and save your .xml file for the profile you are using (mine is called ‘Mach3Mill.xml’) this has all your settings. Also copy and save ‘Mach1Lic.dat’ this is your license file. If you are using a special screen or have screen buttons programmed with your own macros then also save the .set file (mine is called ‘1024.set’).

These files should always be saved as a backup just in case.

Download the latest lockdown version from the appropriate page here and run setup over the top of the existing installation - see if that improves things and if necessary copy and paste the files saved above into your new Mach folder.

I think I have covered everything (long while since I did this).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 12:03:41 PM »
I'm sure you're onto it Tweakie but I have a couple of suggestions if it helps.

chadgarber
Might sound stupidly simple but...

1) Have you accidentally turned jogging OFF? Hit Ctrl-Alt-J and try your arrow keys again.
2) Enter your port addresses again and ONLY use the mouse for Apply and OK - not the <enter> key. Just enter the number part of the address NOT the 0x part - It doesn't make any difference here but I have a vague memory of something...

PS: I might be being paranoid but I'd try to get those port numbers accepted before you do too much else. The system will write to whatever I/O range you have set there. Not generally a good thing.

Ian