Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:13:18 AM

Author Topic: New user couple problems  (Read 4314 times)

New user couple problems
« on: October 02, 2011, 03:42:32 PM »
1. I have limit switches wired in series on all axis and use them has home switches as well. When I'm homing sometimes I will get a limit switch error when it hits??? Currently its doing this every time on my X axis.

2. I'm trying to cut some lettering and its shifting down in the y direction??? on every cut any ideas?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: New user couple problems
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 04:56:11 PM »
You have switch bounce, the  axis moves to the switch and starts to back off but the switch closes so Mach sets home but the switch then opens again so Mach then sees it as a limit being triggered. You could try increasing the Debounce interval on General Config page but really the best cure is to get better switaches with a snap action.

Your other problem sounds like you are losing steps, try lowering your velocity and acceleration a bit.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 08:03:05 PM »
Thanks the debounce worked  ;D. My plan is to add some optical home switches in the future and leave the current limit switches.

I think I also figured out my problem. I had my limit switch off and ran the Y too far and I think I threw the base out of alignment I ran it really slow and I think the Y axis is binding and causing the stepper to stall.
table moving different to dro
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 06:16:43 PM »
I have just got mach running on my bridgeport cnc. I have all the motors so they move at the same distance as what the DRO reads. When I download a programme the table moves a lot further than what the table does. Is there something in a mach programme that shouldn't be in or could it be that I'm missing something in mach.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 02:34:33 AM »
Not really sure what you are meaning by " When I download a programme the table moves a lot further than what the table does."
Hood
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 01:54:00 AM »
Do you mean when you download someone elses program off the internet it's bigger than your machine?  I have heard of this before.  The programs you run need to either be made for your machine, or at least smaller than your machine. 

Maybe I'm way off but that's what I get out of that.
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 05:34:17 PM »
 :) I've only just got round to taking a look at any replies to my question. Thanks to those that did reply. I managed to sort the problem out. I hadn't  tuned the motors correctly.
They are tuned correctly now and things are looking good. I've made a couple of parts up to now.  The parts being 2 coolant grates for on the table. These were simply drilled and cut out of 1/8" plate. The other was a mounting plate for the fan in the electrics cabinet.

I have just purchased a mach license, once I've  received it via email is it a simple case of load it on to a CD or memory stick and load it on to the PC that is running Mach3.

Also I'm having a little problem with G73 peck drilling cycle. As far as I know G73 allows the tool to drill with pecks but only lifting a few thou at a time however, the tool is lifting completely out of the hole and feeding back down to the next increment,
In the G code summary on Mach I think it specifies an A that is relative to the pullout DRO on the settings screen. There isn't a pull out DRO on the settings screen.

I would appreciate any help. Cheers, Jason
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 06:50:46 PM »
Jason, how about sharing some pics of your new parts.  I'm curious as to what you built.