Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:12:48 AM

Author Topic: Anyone else having a problem with wizards in ver 2.026 ??  (Read 4229 times)

Anyone else having a problem with wizards in ver 2.026 ??
« on: December 18, 2006, 12:25:31 AM »
Actually I think I noticed this a couple of versions ago but never got around to mentioning anything.  Today it got really annoying and here I am...

I can't get my rapid heights (in any wizard) to do anything but 0.00 (Yes, I have used the enter key).  Z Top,  Depth, everything else- No Prob.  Put that rapid is hurtin me BAD!

Also, I keep getting error messages, then the Debug VB Script window pops up after Mach sees a S command.  The file runs OK but, I have to close the VB Script Debug window.

None of this a show stopper but, I was wondering if it was just me or if others had found a workaround yet?

Thanks,
Sid
Re: Anyone else having a problem with wizards in ver 2.026 ??
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 09:08:55 AM »
What wizard are you running? I will test it here and see what i get :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 10:13:11 AM »
Write, Surface & Shapes (I think I was cutting a polygon out of fowm).  It seemed to be happening in any wizard that gave an option to enter a rapid height (i.e. the Teach wizard doesn't offer that option so I didn't have the rapid height entry problem)

FYI, I have M3 loaded on my puter @ home for design file testing purposes and I AM able to enter rapid height values and get them to stick.  This is really weird because my machine @ home is set up totally wrong for M3 (i.e. Quicktime is installed, all kinds of crap riuning in the background, Dual P4 Processor), yet everything just hums along like a champ.

Ahhhh the joys of debugging....  Like I said Brian, not a 'show stopper'.  It was just annoying because I was doing a lot of dif cuts yesterday and having the Z rapid stuck on 0.0 meant I had to edit the code and replace the 0.0 with my actual of -3.5 in order to save Z up/down time.  I forgot to do the edit about 50% of the time and stood there like a dummy watching my Z do it's up/down dance.  We all have our crosses to bear eh?  Thanks for your help!

Happy Holidays,
Sid
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 11:01:05 AM »
Are you using the DRO in your screen set? There is a range that will pass data from the screen set to the wizard set. I am thinking that this may be the problem... do you have a macropump running on that machine?

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 12:05:26 PM »
I am using the standard screen set that comes w/ M3 and No Macro Pump.  I understand what you are talking about re: the transfer thing because whenever I click 'last Wizard' (when using the write wizard) my Start X DRO in the wizard updates to some random number (I think it's the current X location PLUS the last entered value in X Start) regardless of the fact that I have 'save settings' and save settings on exit' selected.  Interestingly, the Y start DRO always remains the same.

Don't know if the helps point you in the right direction?  I HTH?

Thanks Amigo!
Sid
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 12:25:06 PM »
Sid this is going to be a very hard one as I didn't write the code for them ;(

I think we have found the problem now we just need to recode them to fix the problem

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 12:33:40 PM »
Holy Cow!!!   :o   That was fast!  I'm glad you found it and I'll wait for a fix- hopefully soon.

Thanks a lot !

Sid