Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:36:45 AM

Author Topic: jogging problems  (Read 3518 times)

jogging problems
« on: September 27, 2011, 04:04:21 PM »
Hi all,
Been using Mach3 for about 3 months now, with few problems. Today I rewired my motors from parallel to series (because I found that my driver boards could only deliver 3 amps to 5 amp rated motors and the resultng loss of torque was proving an impossible obstacle)
When I started Mach again, the motors will only jog at about 3 to 4" / minute. If I put code into the dro, they move at normal speed (15"/min). I have jogging set to 100%. I rebooted several times and checked all settings, but can find nothing obvious. In any case I did not change anything in Mach 3.

Can someone please help me?

Gareth
Gareth

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: jogging problems
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 06:03:11 PM »
Does the feed DRO show it only moving at 3-4IPM when you jog?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 02:37:57 AM »
I will use the x axis for reference here. (But all axes have same characteristics.

In jog mode the DRO shows a feed rate of 2.2.  If I input a go-to command, the axis moves normally and shows a feed rate of 14.88 (it is set to 15"/min). If I tell it to go to zero it moves normally too. I tried pressing shift key whilst jogging, but no increase in speed.
The problem is that I do not have a fixed home position. That depends on the workpiece and I use jog to home the cutter before running the program. Obviously this is now going to be very difficult to do.

Gareth
Gareth

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 03:11:28 AM »
Ok thats good in a way as it means I can replicate here, if you attach your xml I will see if I can find the issue.
Dont see how this would make a difference to your offset position but we can cross that bridge once this has been resolved.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 04:19:20 AM »
Thanks for the help Hood. I've attached the XML file
Gareth

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 04:40:15 AM »
Initial observations of the xml show you have X-- limit set to the same port and pin as the X Step also you have Input 1 set to the same as the E-Stop, the latter may be fine but the former is wrong for sure as pin 3 is an output pin.
Having said that I am able to jog just fine, jogging X I get 13IPM showing and that is what your motor tuning is set at, Y is 16IPM and thats what I get when I jog.
Does this happen if you use the jog buttons on the flyout screen or is it just if you jog via keyboard?
Can you try a different keyboard to see if that helps?

Hood
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 06:26:04 AM »
Fixed!!!! Thanks a lot Hood. I disabled the limit switch settings and then reset automatically and everything works fine. The jog is still a bit slower than the run speed, but that is not a problem. Also the motors are a lot quieter now (an added bonus)

Thanks again.

Gareth
Gareth

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 03:33:29 PM »
Jog shouldnt be slower so not sure what the issue is there as I got full speed with the jog. Had a typo above I think as I said 13IPM but if I recall it was 12IPM which is what your Velocity was set to.
Hood