Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:10:42 PM

Author Topic: Brain to control limit switches  (Read 5701 times)

Brain to control limit switches
« on: September 26, 2011, 07:30:39 PM »
Hi.

I need to control what it happends when machine arrives on a axis limit switch.

If I configure as a axis limit the switch, when it i pressed, reset state goes down and the switch stay on. In this case, I cannot move axis to bring out the machine from the switch.

So I should want to control the switch signal with a brain in this way:

- if user press jog key, brain controls if the machine is on the limit switch. In this case, it is inhibit moving in the sense of switch, but it is possible to move in the other way.

BUT!

When I look for the jog pressed button in brain inputs, I cannot find what work in this sense. There is not way to check the pression of 307 or 308 Button??? (for X moving, i.e.)

Please help me if you can! Thank you!
Re: Brain to control limit switches
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 08:20:26 PM »
Does anyone answer?
It is important for our work.

Thanks.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 09:51:26 PM »
If you will set overide Limits in config THEN you can move away from the switch after it is tripped. You can set it 2 ways one lets you push the button and then you can move off or the auto override lets you just move off the switch.

NOW be warned it WILL NOT stop you from moving the wrong way.(;-)

(;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 06:30:40 PM »
Thanks. This is half solution to my trouble.

I try to use limit override and I can return to move axis after switch pressed. But with a brain I want to prevent the motion in the way of the switch: this is the second part of my question. And I can't find in brains inputs how to do...  :(

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 07:16:49 PM »
I don't think you can. I don't KNOW of anything that can prevent you from using a command function like jog or move in one  direction ONLY.

Best thing to do it get a BIG stick and WHACK the operator every time they hit a limit(no excuse). Certainly they can SEE which direction they need to JOG in to move OFF the switch ?????

(;-) TP
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 06:39:40 AM »
Not a direct answer to your question ... but could you not use Soft Limits to avoid hitting the switches all together ?
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 09:25:06 AM »
Hi.

Thanks for your answers.

Unfortunately not good news for me. :)

Yes, I know that user can see where axes goes when he moves it, and he must do it carefully if he is near or on a switch.

But I wanted to prevent also a careless operator, to prevent damages.

In this way, it is also the will to control jog pression for example if "soft limit" are disabled.

But I understand that a solution isn't...

Thanks anyway.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 11:20:14 AM »
NOW that I said that I thought of a way to do it(;-).  But you do know that once you trip the limit then you MUST RefHome the machine as it WILL have lost its reference to the acutal ORIGIN position it started with. DADUM SHIFT

I'll test it and get back. (;-) TP