Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:37:18 AM

Author Topic: Welcome to the official Mach 2/3/4 support forum.  (Read 27008 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the official Mach 2/3/4 support forum.
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2010, 03:00:21 AM »
Galils work with up to six axis as far as I know, it all depends on the model you have.

Other options for analogue drives are DSPMC and KFlop with the Kanalog card.

But as has already been said if your drives accept Step/Dir input, sometimes called pulse/dir or pulse/sign then you can use the parallel port or SmoothStepper or Kflop. If your drives can accept CW/CCW signals then I think  you can also use the SmoothStepper.

Hood
home referencing.
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 07:37:20 PM »
When I reference my machine settings to "0" I have each axis set to back off the switch by .500 inch on each axis.  The axis will only back off about .1 inch - just barley clearings the limit switch. I have tried different settings for the back 0ff distance that is --  ,75"  -1" ect.  Nothing changes.  I have the switches wired to share both limit and homing on the negative end. I have calibrated the mill so the measured distance is the same as the DROs - so I don't think that is the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 05:52:17 PM »
you can not back off the switches as such. The Home Off value is where you enter a distance that your home switches are away from Machine Zero. For example if your home switch on Y was at the fully positive direction then you would enter a Home Off value equal to the distance of your axis travel.

The way Mach homes is it will move to the switch and then reverse until the switch closes and that is set as home. If you have issues with the switch not quite closing and triggering false limits then you could try a bit of Debounce Interval (General Config page) but it is likely that your switches are not positive action and are bouncing.

You can of course alter the Ref All button to do an additional move after the home sequence if you are really wanting that.
Hood
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 08:53:57 AM »
Hood--Thanks for your prompt reply.. It seems that you are about the only one answering these questions.. Your efforts ARE APPREATED.  Guess I misinterpreted the "home off" column  in the "Home/limits" page . Thanks again.   

Howie -- email lhowlong30@gmail.com
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2011, 11:45:54 AM »
I am receiving a VB failure prompt on Mach3 when I am trying to mill a pocket cut –what am I doing wrong?  I also notice that when I post from LazyCam in my info it is showing that it is being posted but it does show me on the screen that it has been posted to Mach3

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 02:22:26 PM »
Likely one of your macros is corrupt, maybe the M3 or M4 or spindle speed?
Hood
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 04:21:43 PM »
Whee would like look for this???  i only get this error when I try to do  pocketing, if I am doing a contour it works fine.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2011, 04:25:13 PM »
Is there any more information in the error message?
Can you attach the code that gives you the issue  and also your xml

Hood
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2011, 02:43:16 PM »
I am receiving a VB failure prompt on Mach3 when I am trying to mill a pocket cut what am I doing wrong?  I also notice that when I post from LazyCam in my info it is showing that it is being posted but it does show me on the screen that it has been posted to Mach3--  You replied that I might have a bad marco--how do Ii find this out and how do I fix it?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2011, 02:46:13 PM »
I cant really say unless you can say more specifically what the error message says, if it mentions a macro then maybe we can find the problem.
Hood