Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:27:53 PM

Author Topic: Welcome to the official Mach 2/3/4 support forum.  (Read 27010 times)

Offline Leeway

•  149 149
    • View Profile
    • LeeWay Workshop, LLC
Re: Welcome to the official Mach 2/3/4 support forum.
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 09:20:49 AM »
Where's the Gallery, Benny?
Lee

ynneb

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 06:46:52 PM »
Where's the Gallery, Benny?
http://machsupport.com/Coppermine/index.php
You can find a link to it in the floating menu  also.

I have fixed up the regeter link in it. Sadly I dont know how to intergrate it into this forum so you will need to regester for it if up want to upload images.
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 03:51:51 PM »
This forum is dedicated to Mach 2/3/4 support.

The new url is now www.machsupport.com/forum

I have backed up the database from the beta forum  but have descided that It might be an idea to start off fresh again.

I will over time merge some of the topics that had special interest in the previous forum.

This will hopefully be the last time you will need to relog in. I am sorry for this hassle.

There is currently only one section in this forum. Other sections will be added over time and upon general consensus

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 03:53:01 PM »
I am a new user of Mach 3. Could Mach 3 control Servo Motor ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 04:22:39 PM »
Yes, if your drives accept Step/Dir then you can use the parallel port but speed may be limited due to the ports max frequency, it will depend on your encoder count. If you need more speed than the PP can give then you can use one of the external motion controllers such as the SmoothStepper.
If your drives are analogue only then you can still use Mach but you would need something like the DSPMC, Galil or Kflop/Kanalog .

Hood
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 06:07:17 PM »
Thanks. I used the Galil control board. How can I interface between Galil board and software with Mach3 ? Does it have the instructions of interface  in manual ?l 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 06:36:47 PM »
Not all Galil boards can be used but there is a section of this forum dedicated to Galil which will tell you models that its possible to use, just post a question there if you cant find it telling them the model you have and asking if it will work. There should be links to manuals there as well.
Hood
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 07:13:42 PM »
Hello Hood,  If not all Galil board will work then never mind. Could you give me a specific board and instructions how to interface with the one you recommend, I will try. Thanks.  Another question is Instead of using the Fanuc control. Can Mach3 use with some motor drives to make an existing CNC machine to works ?

I later will post the Galil boards I still have in my company to see  I can savage these boards.

Best Regards

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2010, 07:20:39 PM »
You will see which models of Galil work here http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,11151.0.html
I have never used  the Galil so you are best asking aboutthem in that section of the forum.

Not sure what you are meaning regarding the Fanuc.

Hood
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2010, 07:32:44 PM »
Dear Hood, I do not think Galil is working more than 2 axis so forget about Galil card. Do you have any other card can  work beautiful with March 3 to control Servo motors