Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:44:14 AM

Author Topic: Lazy Cam Help ! Is not converting DXF files properlly...  (Read 10740 times)

Lazy Cam Help ! Is not converting DXF files properlly...
« on: September 22, 2011, 01:51:24 PM »
Hi,

Long time I do not post here... But long story short I had a major computer fail and lost my MACH3 and Lazy Cam  I had the oldest version of Lazy cam that screen background was black and it was so easy to work with... Well I cut some parts and I normally on AUTOCAD I make 2 DXF files one for the Holes drilling and the other to cut the actual part... So I draw the part with holes and save the DXF file then erase the lines and leave the holes and save that as the second DXF file so that holes will be saved in scale according to the drawing keeping the 0,0 on both files...

Well I then go to Lazy cam and convert both DXF files to Gcode but when I do that the ZERO 0,0 x and y is not mantained so the holes are drilled in one side and the rest of the part in another side... Any idea what might be wrong?? Why I cannot convert the files properlly and mantain both Xeros in both Files?? I use the Lazy cam that comes on version 2.63  and tried version 3.0.43 but makes things worst my codes are not cut properlly... What is the version of Lazy cam that has black background? I will love that one and getback on track!

Thanks for any help!

Regards,

Roberto

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Cam Help ! Is not converting DXF files properlly...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »
No need to delete lines in the cad drawing. All you need to do draw or assign the holes to a layer ie; HOLES. You can turn layers off when you dxf the file . In LC you can also un-enable layers such that only the holes would be used for a machining operation.
Before you save the file as a dxf move what is drawn to where you want 0,0 to be / origin.
In LC you have the option to bring the drawing in with the origin as drawn.

I would suggest you use the latest version of LC and update Mach to a later version.
Can't live in the past forever. ;)
RICH

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 09:04:42 PM »
Hi Rich,

That is the problem it is not taking into account the Origin I put into my DXF .. LC sets it's own origin very far apart and I don't understand why the older version of LC did it just perfectly!

Thanks!

Roberto

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 06:11:10 AM »
Post the dxf file. Did you check AS DRAWN in Setup>Loading Options?
RICH
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 10:38:29 AM »
Yes I did check as drawn in SETUP> Loading Options... Will post it in a bit !
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 03:40:18 PM »
Here are the DXF files!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 07:44:34 PM »
dodiano,
No problem here....... see attached. ;)
RICh
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 10:59:08 PM »
Ok but why the Holes File does not have the same Origin as the other one if they are drawn the same way?? I have notices on th upper right part of the screen of LC there is a scale or something the Line part says 1.67 and the Holes File has 1.46 not sure if that mean something??

Thanks

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 07:34:46 AM »
The white scale line is an indicator of distance relating to viewed graphics area. If you change the viewing area you will see that scale change. The lower left  bottom hole
is located the same distance from o,o in your drawing even the diameters are different.

On import LC uses the same location for the starting point, namely 0,0 if set as the default / as drawn checked, but, if you are fooling around with the available tools, such as Tools>Scale Drawing LC will change the
0,0 location of the drawing to the extents of the any drawn objects.

You can avoid any of this happening if you just create layers of the machining task you are going to be doing as suggested and highly recomended in the manual.

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 07:55:03 AM »
You can avoid any of this happening if you just create layers of the machining task you are going to be doing

Maybe like the attached......

RICH