Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:11:30 PM

Author Topic: Troubleshooting  (Read 2818 times)

Troubleshooting
« on: September 21, 2011, 12:14:54 AM »
Hi Everyone,
I run Mach3 Mill and I'm having an intermittent problem. How do I go about troubleshooting the machine just stopping at any particular part of the code?  I can go through and do a full practice cut in MDF and then try the exact same code in decent timber and the machine will stop at a random spot. I can tell the machine to "run from here" press cycle start and it runs through the code until it gets to the same spot and stops again. If I restart Mach it will then run the whole code without a hitch. The machine can cut for several hours at a time with no problems and then it may only be just 10 minutes into another job and then fail.  Any advise on what I should be looking for would be appreciated.
All the best
Kim

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 05:02:16 AM »
Do you see any message in the error line at the bottom of the main page when this happens?
Are you using the parallel port or are you using an external controller?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 05:33:29 AM »
Thanks for the reply Hood. I don't recall any message but will double check when it happens again. The machine is running right now an has been happily buzzing away for the last two and a half hours. Its hooked up to a HobbyCNC Pro board through the parallel port.
Cheers
Kim

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 02:57:24 PM »
It probably wont happen now ;D
Hood

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965