Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:59:16 PM

Author Topic: can't keep cnc on material  (Read 5482 times)

can't keep cnc on material
« on: September 19, 2011, 02:14:00 PM »
I have sheetcam set up perfect to start in the corner. But when I put it in mach3 it is not located like it was in sheetcam. I am trying to start near the image I want to cut, and I get the plasma cutter firing as soon as I hit start and ruining the metal. But each time it will run for a corner. Can someone please tell me what is wrong? I have included photos of the mach3 screens.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: can't keep cnc on material
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 05:04:27 PM »
(;-) You showed us everything but what we need to see"The Gcode".  Can you post the program here?

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 05:42:20 PM »
Sorry, This is the file running off on me. It sets nice on sheetcam. But on mach3 it runs off.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 06:51:36 PM »
Runs off, what do you mean by that, is the profile the wrong shape, in the wrong place, wrong size or what?

Try this code, make sure you zero out the X&Y datums at the bottom left edge of the material.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 07:05:38 PM by Graham Waterworth »
Without engineers the world stops

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 07:39:50 PM »
Drama the code is ok, I believe you just need to Zero your work origin before you go to cut the piece AS Graham pointed out.

Move the machine into the location to where you want the LowerLH side of the word to be. THEN press ZeroX  and  ZeroY. It will THEN cut where it shows it on the screen. You may have to push REGEN Toolpath to make it look better on the toolpath screen before you cut. Optional(;-)

NOTE on the G code:  In plasma cutting you normally cut the inside shapes FIRST then do the outside profile. You have the operations set opposite where you are cutting the profile first THEN going back to cut the insides. Some times this causes troulble as the part may tend to move on you.

Just a thought(;-) TP
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 08:16:58 PM »
I tried running that file and this is what happened. I can move perfect when not in cycle. Before the image to be cut you to rest near the green and red points. Now it is far away. I don't know what happened.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOb7G2ohrt4

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 10:16:11 PM »
Sorry Dude I cannot make heads or tails of your video. I have no idea which way is up on your table.

Standing in FRONT of the table a X+ jog should move the torch to your RIGHT. A Y+ should move the torch away from you to the back of the table. That puts X0 Y0 at the lower left hand side of the part to be cut. Then everything should cut to the right and away from 0,0.

NOW that is the STANDARD format AND that was the WAY the Gcode was generated from Scam.

You can set it up anyway you like BUT you are on your own help wise IF it is not standard configuration(;-).

(;-)TP

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:18:33 PM by BR549 »

businesdesigner

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 02:58:48 PM »
Hi new member checking this post. It sparse on the info for your problem but it looks as though you have a offset problem. First your jog dro has to be correctly moving when the axis arrow button is push for example Y+ for table foward. Next usuallly the graphic screen on MACH 3 is in the perspective of the machine spindle looking down on part to cut meaning you are on the top of the screen facing the machine headstock at the bottom. If the cross hairs are at the bottom left after tool regen. button. then usuall both opposite remember. The cross hair is the plama emmision or on mill the cutting end mill. On the part or metal sheet from your facing perspective it will start top right than on screen a bottom left---both opposite. Next after dro all zeroed and toolpath regenerated to reset the crosshair position is the cut point in relationship to the material piece under. You must offset the screen cut graphics to offset to position on the middle of the metal or sheet piece meaning the screen cut graphics must match the center material to be cut behind on the screen then itls position of the plasma cutter or end mill matches the correct position on the screen as above the metal sheet piece in relationship to the perimeter size of the cut on screen to be within the boundry of the to be cut sheet. Basically short cut wise the cut graphics on screen must be in the center of the sheet the key being moving the graphics match the center of the sheet. You must check the initial X Y axis coodinate start point and check to see since sheet approx. start area on sheet of overhead plasma as on screen (offsets positioning). Right location of crosshair as on overhead plasma on sheet position in proportion (probe or edge finder crucial on mill operation to size meta). Don't forget both opposite. Zero the dro and type in correct X Y the starting point of cut on gcode into the dro. Basically need more indept explanation. Match graphic screen perimeter to work piece perimeter by offsetting on offset tab. Two permeter on edge finder approx. for sheet can work. Check manual. I think use fixtur button after edge finder to offset on screen? It's been a while. Be sure take trial run first!