Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:31:52 PM

Author Topic: My EMCO 120P  (Read 9037 times)

My EMCO 120P
« on: September 17, 2011, 02:13:37 PM »
Hello everyone, I was asked to make a video of my recently rebuilt EMCO running. I installed all new electronics, new AC motor, etc, etc. I spent the last 5 days learning this G code stuff..a 16 hour day was the average...lol. Setting the tool offsets for the drills was the hardest.  I really had a hard time setting the offsets for the drill bits. Although the drills had the same offsets, every time I called the tool number for a different drill, the offset would change. So I just did an M5, using the tool setting that worked and switch bits in the delay. Mach turn doesn't have a canned cycle for drilling and parting, so I kind of made up my own for each drill bit. Lastly, the turret is being operated manually. I'm going to try doing something in the future to get it working thru Mach.

Anyway, without futher delay, My very first CNC program at work...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfnCUv_4qqs

pete
Re: My EMCO 120P
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 05:08:26 PM »
isn't it great when it all comes together

Offline swbre

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »
Good job.
How did you come across the Emco?
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 08:51:10 AM »
Good job.

I bought it locally. It came with a bunch of tooling and manuals, but, no stands or transformer.  

pete

Offline swbre

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 09:45:05 PM »
Good job.

I bought it locally. It came with a bunch of tooling and manuals, but, no stands or transformer. 

pete

Did it have the operating system?
stephen.
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 04:55:40 AM »
[[/quote]

Did it have the operating system?
stephen.
[/quote]

It came complete in that respect. I have a bunch of manuals, teaching aids and the cassette.

pete
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 11:14:11 PM »
Hi,

Are you willing to get rid of the old controller?
I am looking for parts or even the whole thing.

My main parts I am looking for is the axis drives and basically all the operating boards.

Please let me know if you want to sell it or if you know of anybody else with parts they want to sell.

Cheers Barry.