Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:08:56 PM

Author Topic: tooltable trouble  (Read 12095 times)

Offline Riley

•  43 43
    • View Profile
Re: tooltable trouble
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 08:57:02 PM »
My tooltable is still working with programs....but I have to type in the tool I want to use and type in the diameter on the wizard. Only a minor inconvenience but would be nice if it worked again.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 11:20:45 PM »
HIYA Riley, Have you retried teh wizards tool table again???

Try this if you get time. Open the NFW wizads then select a function then try to open the tool table. IF it does NOT open look at the bottom Windows bar and see IF it is down there IF so click it.

Also when it does NOT come up stop and window down Mach3 and see IF it is on the desktop screen behind the Mach3 screen.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline Riley

•  43 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 08:41:39 PM »
I did check for that and the tool table is nowhere to be found....I'm hoping that my install is not corrupt in some way. Thinking about a reinstall but not sure I want to risk it!
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 09:15:43 PM »
I dont think a reinstall is worth while. If you open the tool table on the settings screen do you have values in that table?

Do you have a standard Mach install, into C:\Mach3?

Your tool table is stored in C:|Mach3\Macros\<profilename>\tools.dat Is that file there?

The wizard cannot create a tool table, it canonly read the description anddiameter values from a table that is saved under the Offsetts screen.

Offline Riley

•  43 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 09:34:34 PM »
I can get to my tool table through config/tooltable. I can make changes and the programs are using it. I know it sounds strange, but it just does not show up in the nfs wizard. Can I check the button script?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 09:42:39 PM »
RON he is running the AJAX plugin. I suspect it has something to do with that.  RILEY I would NOT do a reinstall. Hopefully we can work it out.

Let me clarify it again, when you push the button NOTHING happens? not even an empty window pops up? Does the screen flicker?

(;-) TP

Offline Riley

•  43 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 09:52:11 PM »
No empty box, no screen flicker. The button does depress but that is all.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 10:20:47 PM »
OK this is on the MACHINE computer (XP)correct?

Offline Riley

•  43 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 09:18:22 PM »
Yes, xp box on the mill.
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 09:01:53 AM »
Chiming in on this topic.

Tool table works fine when I go into wizards and select one of the New Fangled Wizards , but if I go into Wizards and select something outside of New Fangled - say - Circular Pocket by Brian Barker -

when I put in a new tool number,  the tool diameter does not change in the wizard window.  When I post the code, the code does reflect the tool number I selected, but it refers to the wrong diameter in the code window (it shows whatever was in the wizard window previously).  When the code runs the tool number and the tool diameter changes in the Tool Information window.   Not a major problem, but it is disconcerting when reviewing the written code.

Bob @ BobsShop