Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:56:23 AM

Author Topic: 2.5D mode in Mach3 with Galil  (Read 5134 times)

2.5D mode in Mach3 with Galil
« on: September 13, 2011, 01:53:50 PM »
I am having a problem similar to http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=10617.0

I was using a 2 axis Galil card controlling a table with M codes to turn a laser off and on.  This works fine.

I want to try using the 2.5D on output #6 function of Mach3.

When in Parallel Port operation mode, I can simulate jogging the table around with my arrow keys, and move the Z axis up and down with page up and page down.  On the diagnostics screen Output 6 turns on Z values are positive, and turns off when Z values are negative.

When using the Galil Plugin, the table jogs fine with my arrow keys, but jogging the Z axis does not do anything, it just stays at 0.0000.  Typing in G0 or G1 commands for the Z axis does not do anything either.  If I manually click on the Z axis's value, I can type in a new number, and output 6 will turn itself off and on as expected, but this isn't very useful.

Z Y and Z are enabled in Ports and Pins.

I'm thinking that Mach3 is expecting the Z axis to be mapped to something in the Galil plugin, but I only have a 2 axis Galil.

Do I need to fake that I have something hooked up to the Z axis?
Re: 2.5D mode in Mach3 with Galil
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 09:51:57 AM »
I have come to the conclusion that 2.5D mode on ouput #6 isn't possible to use with the Galil Plugin.  I wrote another post processor that supported M codes to do what I wanted.

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 09:51:13 AM »
Try placing these files in your Macros direntory. They work for me.
Kenny
Having way too much fun! Something must surely be wrong.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 12:16:08 PM »
I'll give it a try and report back, but for now we went the M code route.

I'm planning on packaging up all the macros, brains, and screens, and posts (Sheetcam and Mastercam) we use for our 4 headed 2.5D machines and uploading them shortly.