Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 04:24:11 AM

Author Topic: Drives falut out  (Read 11693 times)

Re: Drives falut out
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 07:24:43 PM »
Hood
The servo motor's came with the machine they are very heavy duty @ 500 in Oz's of torque.with out the home switches when i use ref all and then jog off the machine it comes right back exactly to the spot it started from so no problem there. funny thing about the switches i have tried to trace them through the harness but can't seam to find them don't know whats up there i will look further into it and hopefully get it fixed.
So I guess its back to the method i was using i am just going to have to make up a fixture or device i can use when setting the point of origin.
Dennis  
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 07:27:03 PM »
Russ
Thanks for the input that's a lot when trying to hold some tolerance on a part i am now more then ever thinking my way although a pain is the best way.

Dennis 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2011, 08:25:20 PM »
Dennis, do you have the limits set up in Ports and Pins as Limits? If you do then no need to trace wires or anything, just enable the Home for each axis and set to the same port and pin as the limit for that axis.

What type of machine is this?

Hood
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2011, 02:28:09 PM »
Hood
The machine is a Lagunamatic it's a 1990 and in very good condition, not sure i understand what your saying regarding the limit switches.

Dennis 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2011, 02:36:54 PM »
What I am meaning, are the limit switches that are currently on your machine set up as limits in Ports and Pins in Mach? If they are then you can also enable them as Home switches so that you can Home to them.
Hood
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2011, 03:03:12 PM »
Hood
No the none of the switches are connected to the lpt port.

Dennis

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2011, 03:09:37 PM »
Ok then you cant use them, unless that is they have dual contacts (Normally open and Normally closed) then you could  run the unused ones to Mach, failing that getting some optos and using them may be a good choice, not a hard thing to do and very accurate if you can keep them away from coolant. I think however your machine must originally had home switches so unless they have been removed by the person who did the retro it may just be a case of wiring them to Mach.
Or of course you could do it Terrys way and locate some feature and take note of its coords then if you loose position touch off it again and enter the values direct to the DRO.
Hood
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2011, 04:06:36 PM »
Hood
I did the retro myself so the wires are in the harness as i previously mentioned i guess I'll have to make choice about how or what i am going to do if i loose the drives.

Dennis