Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 09:56:16 PM

Author Topic: Remove buffered outputs  (Read 4434 times)

Remove buffered outputs
« on: December 15, 2006, 11:44:21 AM »
Hey!
As long as we are requesting stuff. How are we doing with eliminating buffered commands. I tried doing an operator interphase, that had a bunch of buttons, and the operator just placed the workpiece, and pressed a button for the part he was machining. It worked fine, except that when he accidentally pressed a button twice, or pressed another button while the machine was working, at the end of the first operation, the machine imediately continued with the second. Tried all sorts of workarounds and just couldnt do it.
Regards
Fernando
Re: Remove buffered outputs
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 05:09:54 PM »
You need to add code in VB to make this happen :(  If you need help I have done it in the past... You can use LED's to make it work

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 05:22:01 PM »
Brian,
Ive tried adding some vb code but cant make it work. We had already talked about it in another thread (http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=918.0)
I just thought you might have gotten to adding this feature.
Regards
Fernando
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 10:45:02 PM »
In that case put in an LED that tells that that macro is running. So the first time that you run the macro it looks to see that that the macro LED is not on, then it starts doing it's thing and is not finished... The user pressed the button again and because the LED is on it exits the macro.

As you can see this will take care of the button being pressed two times in a row.. You just need to be sure that you turn the LED off when you finish the macro that you are running.

Is that any help?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 11:40:46 PM »
Thanks Brian, dead on as always. Will try as soon as possible. Im sure it will work, it sounds reasonable.
Regards
Fernando