Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:17:40 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 crashing !!  (Read 6354 times)

Mach 3 crashing !!
« on: December 15, 2006, 10:14:35 AM »
My mach3 v.2 is crashing on loading a G code file. It is one particular file only. As it crashes there is a very brief message panel that goes off again too quick to read but I think it includes the word "tripped"

The crash also causes Windows XP not to shut down properly and the PC has to have the power removed in order to shut it down rather than leave it to switch off by itself.

I have tried it on two separate PC's with the same result.

The code has been prepared with a post processor used OK before from the CAM software from Dolphin.

Rather than post the G code file in full at this point, has anyone any ideas upon the possible causes please?

Alan
Re: Mach 3 crashing !!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 11:03:39 AM »
OK folks panic over. The problem was due to a misplaced decimal point in the setting for the feedchange plane which made it up in the sky somewhere!!

However, message for Art ...... Mach3 was presumably tripping during file load because of an out of range command measurement that it found on file loading but the trip causes Mach 3 to crash and it cannot restart. The shut down is instantaneous and the window delivering the trip message flashes on screen and dissapears too quick to be read. The crash is also doing something to XP as it will not shut down correctly either after Mach 3 has crashed.

Maybe something for you to look at ......

Alan

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 12:07:35 AM »
Hi Alan,
    Have you tried to minimize Mach and see if the message is in the background?
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 08:47:42 AM »
There is no Mach 3 to minimise ...... when it crashes it goes completely off screen with no clues to where it might have gone!

As I said, it will not restart implying that either it is still running but not visible or the crash prevents it from restarting.

Alan

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 09:40:34 AM »
Hey Alan,
    Have you ran the driver test on your PC? You don't  have a D-Link wireless network on this PC by chance do you? I had one on mine and Mach did not like it at all. That is an understatement. I wouldn't run it just yet but there is an Optomisation file in the downloads section that may help.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 11:05:02 AM »
Mach 3 driver is fine. so is Mach3 since I corrected the G code that causes the crash. ( see post earlier)

As it happens I do have a wireless link on the laptop running Mach 3 and on the tower PC that runs it and it does not interfer with Mach 3 at all so I have found so far.

Alan

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 11:06:05 PM »
Hi Allan:

Two things,

First, please send me that file, Ill fix it so it cant happen again. Second, if Mach ever drops out on you like that, immediatly run the drivertest.exe program. Let it run till complete, this will then allow you to shut down windows, though you wont have to anymore. The drivertest stops the driver and gracefully exits when something like that happens. Sorry for the bug, but if you send me the file, Ill make sure no-one else sees it..

Thanks
Art

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 10:06:00 AM »
Art,

I have sent the file directly to you rather than post on the forum.

Alan