Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:11:54 PM

Author Topic: setting - continous jog  (Read 4313 times)

setting - continous jog
« on: September 03, 2011, 01:22:33 PM »
Hello all - new guy here--
the pdf "using Mach3 turn " page 3-6 shows in figure 3.5   that to turn continous jog on the jog cycle
DRO in the middle of the screen should be set to Zero

On my screen i cannot get the jog cycle to register less than 0.0001  ??

Also shown on the same picture is a DRO called S Inc.
S Inc is missing from my screen

Please help

regards fred evans
think of the trees-- use both sides of the computer paper

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: setting - continous jog
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 08:15:33 AM »
Fred,
S Inc is missing from my screen

Not sure where they got the pic for the manual but it is missing in the 1024 lathe screen set.
It dosen't matter since the value you put in the input box below the buttons will be used to change the increment.
Do a Tab to bring up the Jogging flyout window and you will see the step changed there also based on what you input.

On my screen i cannot get the jog cycle to register less than 0.0001

The DRO only displays to four places, you would need to change the screen for it to display differently, but the input value
will be used. To test input say .00002, then incrementaly jog  5 times and you will see that the axis DRO displays .0001" of movement.

From a practical point of view, chances are that the mecahnical system can't  accurately move in increments less than .0001" accurately. It is difficult to confirm very small movements ie; for a .00002 would need a standard and microscope at 400x or better to see if the move happened.

RICH
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 10:24:54 AM »
thank you Rich--

Seeing  the flyout makes everything a lot clearer.

so regarding continous jog . for continous jog the setting of jog cycle doesnt matter?
in fact for continous jog  i need not change anything in the jog controls window??

I see the three buttons on the flyout  cont step and mpg
are these abbreviations of continous jog , step jog , and what does MPG stand for?

But just to clarifty--  there is no s Button on this screen because the screen is set to 1024??

If i used a different screen  resolution then I would have a "S" button??

the explanation about the increment size makes sense- however as  i understand
the term "continous jog" . it means that when i hold an arrow key down jogging will
continue as long as the button is down?? but when i try this it still only increments one
value for every button press? Is there perhaps  a toggle somewhere which i have not set correctly?

many thanks

fred evans

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 10:37:10 AM »
The screen in the manual is from an early version I think, not looked at the manual but likely the reason.

Continuous Jog is only affected by slow Jog % if that is set to anything other than 100% it will jog slower unless you also press the shift key as you jog.

If you are only getting incremental moves then it would seem you are in step jog mode.

If thats not the case attach your xml and I will see if I can find the problem.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 11:58:06 AM »
what does MPG stand for
Manual Pulse Generator - one can use an encoder to manualy send pulse info to the drives for axis movement

there is no s Button on this screen because the screen is set to 1024??
Don't think that is the case but rather it is just missing..... never really looked into it since i never missed not having it on the screen

when i hold an arrow key down jogging will continue as long as the button is down
Yes

but when i try this it still only increments one value for every button press?
because your in incremental jog mode, look at the jog flyout screen and the highlighted box indicates what jog mode you selected

BTW, all in the manuals, but there could be a wrong in your xml  so post it,

RICH

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 12:54:20 PM »
I might be releasing my screen for free (without the IPS system). I have built in a way to make the jog features perform like a real CNC control. They will also be tunable to your machine.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,19353.0.html
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 03:20:09 PM »
man OH man -- thank you for all this input-
best regards fred
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 01:13:24 PM »
thanks Rich step jog was the problem--

I am attaching the xml you asked for

best regards fred