Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:44:05 PM

Author Topic: Turn Graphics Stock Control  (Read 3705 times)

Turn Graphics Stock Control
« on: December 15, 2006, 06:59:29 AM »
Hi Guys

Quick thought. Any chance that two controls could be added to control the stock definition in turn graphics? If possible it would be useful to control the two values of stock diameter and stock length independently and also to turn them to manual /auto automatically.

For example -
Currently the stock adapts itself to the toolpath.
For a turn wizard it would be useful to be able to control the stock diameter so it is the same as the parameters set by the user.
For some jobs it would be useful to be able to set the stock length to represent how much is sticking out of the chuck.
Some times you would want to do both above.
Other times you want it on auto, i.e. as it is now.

Cheers

Dave

Offline zarzul

•  232 232
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Turn Graphics Stock Control
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 12:40:15 PM »
Great idea, it would be very useful.  If we could get a little info on how the graphics creates its stock profile maybe we could even write or modify the existing wizards to accomplish this. 

Re: Turn Graphics Stock Control
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 03:05:29 PM »
Hi, I did mention this in another post quite a while ago, It is the only thing that lets Mach-Turn down as a design-it, see-it, cut-it, program.

I hope that something could be done to change that, meanwhile I'm still using the old Boxford DOS software to design the g-code as it has an 'accurate'? view of what the end product will look like.