Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:45:21 AM

Author Topic: ShuttlePro Questions too  (Read 4437 times)

ShuttlePro Questions too
« on: December 14, 2006, 10:50:09 PM »
Hi,
Been working on building a CNC Router on and off for about 2 years now and finally got it running recently thanks to everything I've learned from these forums, hopefully I'll be able to give something back. Fortunately the only thing thats stumped me is the ShuttlePro.
The outer ring works great but the inner ring seems to "buffer up" in other words if I turn it very slowly nothing happens then if I turn it a little faster it keeps moving for a little bit after I stop turning it. "Jog Mode" and "Cycle Jog Step" don't have any effect on it at all. And if I turn on shuttle mode it doesn't do anything different and then I can't turn it off unless I "Reset".

Also I set one of the buttons for "To Go" and the numbers didn't look right then I noticed it's turning on and off the "Machine Coord's" instead of the To Go button.
I'm running Ver. 2.0.022 now but had this problem since I got the Shuttle around 2.0.014?.
Perhaps I'm missing something in the config?

Thanks, Paul
Re: ShuttlePro Questions too
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 10:55:19 PM »
Mine does that also, Brian had explained how it worked before maybe try a search under shuttlepro.

Dan.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 11:24:03 PM »
Ahhh
And I thought I did search this fully before posting but I found this from Brian,
Quote:
"There is a button that will set the center button from vel mode to inc mode... please put that button as one of the silver buttons that you have and I think is will work for you"

That makes sense to me now, I was trying to set the inc. mode on the screen not on the shuttle so now the inner ring works just as I would expect it, awesome. Thanks a bunch, now if I can just figure the other stuff out.

Thanks again,
 Paul
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 11:40:36 PM »
OK,
So its working good now only thing I don't understand is what's the "Shuttle Mode" Button for. That would shift jogging control to an MPG if I had one so I shouldn't be pressing that button anyway?

Paul
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 09:10:35 AM »
Hello,  I wish I could help you with your problem...but maybe you can help me with mine...I just purchased the shuttle pro yesterday...and I can get all the functions to work
exect for the Select X,Select Y, Select Z and the inner and outer knobs to job....So it looks like the plugin is working and enabled do I have to set anything else in the software to make it work.....I keep getting an error in the status "Unknown word where unary operation could be"

any input would be great

cncguytoronto
shane

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 11:05:18 AM »
Is the error from Mach or some external software? You don't need to insatall any software for it to work. If you did you probably have to un-install it.
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 11:10:11 AM »
Its from Mach 3...in the status area.....not sure what to do
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 11:36:28 AM »
all buttons are working but the Assign Axis X Y Or Z...which I assigned to the first three buttons...and also the jog knobs....

all other button functions work so far...but I haven't tried them all yet.