Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:22:40 AM

Author Topic: dugong servoconfigurator3 settings  (Read 5790 times)

farmertwingolf

dugong servoconfigurator3 settings
« on: August 25, 2011, 07:12:55 PM »
Has anyone here used dugong drives? If so, can u send what your servoconfigurator3 software settings were? Thanks

Offline derek

•  200 200
    • View Profile
Re: dugong servoconfigurator3 settings
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 07:45:50 AM »
Hi
I'm running these drives. I have a post over at CNC zone you may want to check out.
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/servo_motors_drives/129194-anyone_running_dugong_drives_keling.html#post984407
I'm very satisfied with them.

Derek

farmertwingolf

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 09:45:55 AM »
Ok.   Thank you.   Right now I'm not getting any motion out of them at all. Not sure if its a hardware issue or because they aren't tuned yet

farmertwingolf

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 02:17:18 PM »
I have a question derek.    Am I supposed to have mach on when running servoconfig? Or should the servoconfig software move the servos? Thanks

Offline derek

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 03:02:47 PM »
Hi
Servo config will move the servos.
Power down servodrives. Very important. The drives don't like hot plugging
Plug usb tuning cable into drive.
Power up drive
You will see all the drives you have connected with usb cables listed in the servo config window.
Click on drive you want to move or tune.
Click on connect to drive.
You will get a data loaded from drive message or something to that effect.
Go to pid tuning. Set your parameters. Click on download. when you click on analyze it should move. If it doesn't then you have wiring issues or or soothing else beyond my knowledge! Also when tuning Balazs said to make sure you have a full rotation of the servo when your tuning.

Don't be afraid to contact Balazs directly. He is really helpful. There is often a slight lag because of the time difference but he has always gotten me straightened out. Which is why I know it's a bad idea to hot plug the drives!

Derek

farmertwingolf

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 03:48:43 PM »
So I turn off the power to servodrives, then plug in usb for servoconfig3, then turn servo power on? I'm wondering if my relative wired up the motor arm 1 and motor arm 2 to the scales and not the arms. Easy to get switched I think.

Offline derek

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 03:51:56 PM »
Sounds like you better go over your wiring.

Derek

farmertwingolf

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 03:57:31 PM »
Hopefully just switching the two wires.   This has been a headache. I don't know much at all about pcs or electrical.

farmertwingolf

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 05:03:44 PM »
Ok.   Motors are moving.   Using servoconfig software and its all over the charts.  I have read the manual but still don't really know what to adjust by what the window is showing me.   How do u get in touch with the guy u mentioned?

Offline derek

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 05:05:35 PM »