Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:16:37 PM

Author Topic: Boxford TCL125 - retrofitted  (Read 3826 times)

Boxford TCL125 - retrofitted
« on: August 20, 2011, 02:06:07 PM »
Hi all,

I purchased this loverly little Boxford 125 from a good friend that no longer had any time for it

So far i have replaced just about every part except the steppers and the Gemini board!

This is how she looks now.

At the moment im using Mach3 to control the x/z axis but not the spindle.

im using Gecko 201's with CNC4PC board

Im at the point now where i want to start testing the capability more but im getting stuck on the orientation part as its a
slantbed and when i run a program it seems to be doing wierd things

I did this but manually moving the X/Z Axis with the keyboard

I will keep looking through the forum to see if anybody has had the same machine or simular and what there configs were

Stu

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Boxford TCL125 - retrofitted
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 09:28:21 PM »
Looks great, nice to see another lathe user, not enough of us :)

What seems to be your issue with the axis? Sounds like you just need to set the steps per unit correctly. Looks like its belt drive so may be geared, if you know the ratio and also the ballscrew pitch its easy enough to work out the steps per unit you will need. Also you may be in Diameter mode and be expecting things to work in radius or vice versa. Personally I prefer dia mode as when I call the X to cut a diameter I know its what it will do :)

Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 09:04:00 AM »
ok so i kinda worked out today that i obviously need to use the rear tool setting

When i used a wizard i have to put the dimentions in with - numbers to get it to go back to the stock

Also ive worked out limits and put them in the software too so that has helped.

BUT i broke my last parting tool on WOOD!!! WTF!!

but gives me more reason to get some new ones

I have the setting i think now sorted, it moves a mm when i want it too and its very very acurate

Stu

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 09:14:28 AM »
You can use front or rear as long as you only use one or the other, doesnt matter to Mach. You may have your axis direction set wrong though, also the option to show tool above centre line would be what yo want if not already set, you will find that from Config menu then ToolPath.

Hood