Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:58:12 AM

Author Topic: Rapid feedrate (shift button) and jog feedrate (analog)  (Read 17523 times)

Rapid feedrate (shift button) and jog feedrate (analog)
« on: August 20, 2011, 08:16:32 AM »
Hello

I know that in MACH3 is  possible to move an axis in rapid feedrate using key SHIFT + arrow (Hotkey)
In this case it is necessary to press SHIFT first and then an Arrow key.
Is there any possibility to enable or disable rapid (G00) speed in opposite way (first ARROW and then SHIFT)
In this case it is not necessary to release an Arrow key for change the feedrate from JOG to RAPID or vice verse.

I want also to change JOG feedrate with analog input - when Jogging
Is this possible?
Re: Rapid feedrate (shift button) and jog feedrate (analog)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 07:22:41 AM »
You can change the JOG feedrate with an external potentiometer.
I use "pokeys" to do that (have a search you will find enough information).
But, there is still the problem that you cannot change speed while moving.
You preselect the speed and then you move. If you change the feedrate while moving,
nothing will happen. You need to release the jog button and press again.

Hope that help.
John

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 07:30:09 AM »
Sorry forget this reply, will have to learn to read as I was thinking it  was Feed Override that was wanted and not just Jogging ::)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 07:32:27 AM by Hood »
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 07:59:48 AM »
What do you mean Hood?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 08:06:51 AM »
What do you mean Hood?

Sorry I edited my post as my reply was with regards to feed override rather than jog but reading again I am thinking the original poster may ndeed have meant the Feed override.

Are you meaning the Jog or the FRO?
Hood

Hood
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 03:56:33 PM »
I thought both FRO and JOG

I  use PoKeys for change the JOG feedrate, but as wrote iv-cnc I cannot change speed while moving.
I want to find a way to change this.

I also want to enable Rapid feedrate while moving - with shift button (or external trigger)

Any suggestions?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 04:44:31 PM »
FRO will change the velocity  whilst moving but Jog will not change until motion has stopped and been restarted. For example if you are moving at 100mm/min by a commanded move and wind the FRO Pot to 50% the feed will drop from 100 to 50, wind it back to 100% and it will move at 100mm/min.

Jogging via keyboard and changing the Slow Jog % will not do anything until you stop jogging and then when you resume it will be at the new slow jog rate.

Shift button for rapid jog will only work if used before you start to jog as far as I know.

Hood
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 05:13:27 PM »
Hood, I agree with you.
Everything you said about the speed settings is true, but is there any possibility to change this?
Why FRO Pot works (change speed) in commanded move and not works when jogging via keyboard (until  stop jogging and then  resume)?

On the  professional CNC controller is possible to change the speed during motion and also in Mach this would be very good.
Absolutely not criticize MACH - I've bought already three licenses, but  requirements of my customers are always higher and higher.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 05:21:44 PM »
Jogging and commanded moves are totally different things in Mach so that is why one can and the other cant. Dont think there is any way round that I am afraid.

I never use the jog keys myself, I much prefer a MPG. the faster you wind the faster the axis moves, slower you wind the slower it moves. Switch to multistep mode and each click will move the value you have set for the increment. I have a rotary switch on my machines that changes MPG mode from Velocity to multistep 0.01mm, multistep 0.1mm and multistep 1mm. It is the perfect setup as far as I am concerned :)
Hood