Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 06:27:51 AM

Author Topic: Surprise !  (Read 7529 times)

Re: Surprise !
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 07:33:53 AM »
Hi Brett, we only have timber rattlers and copperheads here. not enough water for moccasins.

Terry, someone sent me that pic some time ago as well. Also, a monster from the Carolina's someone sent. (attached)

My uncle in Boca, Fla. hit a rattler in the road years ago .. over 9' long.

btw .. the chili came out quite good.
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »
I found this one in my backyard the other day:

Jeff

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 09:17:51 AM »
OK, this was not really me but found it on Google ;D ;D ;D

Jeff

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 03:15:42 PM »
OH shute BIG snakes aren't the only you haveto watch for down here in florida. These are the boys you have to really watch out for down here(;-). We call this hawg huntin florida style.

Take Note that is a full grown hog in that gators mouth(;-)  Here puppy, nice puppy, now drop the piggy for poppa. 

(;-)TP
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:18:11 PM by BR549 »

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 03:21:26 PM »
Yeah, that snake is pretty popular. Same guy with the same snake standing in front of the same buildings, "right here in Tennessee in the next county over". I told my wife when I seen it.....That's a fake. It just kinda stuck me as odd the way the guy is holding up that heavy snake. His stance is as if it were something not nearly as heavy. Not sure that little do-dad hes got would even hold up that snake without breaking, also. If you zoom really close in to see the pixels, it looks as if the pixels are from two separate photos, indicating a photochop. I have no doubt the snake is real, just not as it's being portrayed. I seen one timber rattler here that looked to be as thick as a baseball bat. He was coiled up, and I did not dare try to stretch him out and lay a ruler down :)
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

andrewm

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 03:22:32 PM »
Man, glad I live in Maine :p
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 05:15:51 PM »
I see what you mean Sam, looks a little goofy in several places. Also probably used a Fishermans camera (makes a bass look bigger than it is if you hold it towards the camera)

Taped up gators and a tape measure don't lie tho.
Take a look at Terry's neighbor here. I bet he could take that hog from the other one. Then again, it might be the same guy (or gal).
http://www.snakecatcherstick.com/mustsee.htm
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 05:20:13 PM by Overloaded »
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 10:02:18 PM »
How was the chili, still alive ?? ;D ;D ;D

Jeff
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 10:06:43 AM »
Hi Jeff, from reply#10 ......
btw .. the chili came out quite good.

The season is about over here, getting cool now.
Anxious to try a different recipe next year.
Thanks for your concern.  :)