Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:23:54 AM

Author Topic: KFlop and Mach 3  (Read 8133 times)

Offline ThomasCB21

•  19 19
  • If it ain't fun, don't do it!
    • View Profile
KFlop and Mach 3
« on: August 19, 2011, 01:53:24 PM »
S-o-o-o-o-o . . . I was reading on the Dynomotion website, where you needed to know C++ in order to use their board.  Is this true if you Mach 3 with it?  Plus I have begun purchasing bits and pieces to begin my CNC Router.  I will post pictures as the building begins.

Thanks,
Chris

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: KFlop and Mach 3
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 03:23:39 PM »
To use their board with MACH3 I don't think so. The Mach3 plugin does all the translation.  You run Mach 3 like you always have.

BUT to be sure ask TOM over at KFLOP. He is a straight up guy and will answer your questions.

(;-) TP

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 03:34:27 PM »
No, that is absolutely not true.  IF you want to customize the KFlop application, or write your own, you can do so in C++.  To just use it, you don't need anything but their machine controller application, or their Mach3 plug-in.  Being ABLE to customize the application is one of the real strengths of the KFlop.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline ThomasCB21

•  19 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 02:44:55 PM »
Thanks for the quick answers.  I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for the information and the support, I have stepped off into this endeavor with a good mechanical background, but zero in machining department.  I'm sure I will continue to come back here and seek more knowledge and wisedom from you.

Thanks,
Chris
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 04:35:19 PM »
Chris,

If you do get a KFlop, please report back and let us know how it works.  I'm seriously considering getting one myself...

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline ThomasCB21

•  19 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »
Will do Ray.

Thanks,
Chris
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 10:01:49 PM »
   Need help I had been using Mach3 with parallel port stepper controller. I recently upgraded to a Kflop with Kstep controler. I have it tuned and  running satisfactorily, but am unable to communicate to limit/homing switches. I am able to do so external to Mach3 with a modified C program run from Kflop/Kstep. The diagnostic page in Mach3 acknowledges limit/home switch via  LEDs when the switches are pressed. Switches are connected to pins 9,10,and 11 of Kstep J33 which activates IOs 4,5,and 6 respectively on port1. Again, this is verified on diagnostic page when switches activated.

I have tried the supplied HomeMach3Kstep.C file with IOs 3,4,5 configured in. I have done this pasted into the Mach plugin ini file and alternately as the home reference file on the Mach plugin configuration page. It is this file that will home successfully under only C and only if I set all flags to 2. Doing so with run and compile will home X,Y, and Z in successive sequence. I assume I am missing some parameter or parameters. I was told it should simply be a matter of pasting files. But it is not quite that simple.

Any help will be appreciated and passed on.