Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:55:11 AM

Author Topic: connecting sanyo denki drivers with parallel port.  (Read 4219 times)

connecting sanyo denki drivers with parallel port.
« on: August 19, 2011, 07:50:21 AM »
i have installed mach in my pc. i have tested the parallel port and it is working fine. Sanyo denki stepper drive BS1D200P10 does not have step and dir terminals . Instead it has cw ccw teminals .

Vendor's technician could show me stepper motor revolve either in clockwise and after tweaking connections anti clockwise.( without connecting to parallel port)

The User manual does not help.

My problem is " how do i connect" the paraller port pin no 2 and 3 which i have configured as step and dir with the stepper drive

I have attached the user manual of the driver.

would be really helpful if someone helps

PV Sekaran

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: connecting sanyo denki drivers with parallel port.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 07:57:05 AM »
Will have a look later but possibly your only choice will be to use one of the Max modes and make sure you use the pins associated with them.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 08:28:55 AM »
Thank you for your quick response. I am not a technical person. I am hobby enthusiast. I have assembled a small hobby cnc prototype . Mechanical work is over . i am struck with electronics.
if you give me pin to pin correspondence chart and setting for the dip swiches it will be really helpfil.
btw i am a chartered accountant. please consider that i am not a tech person in your reply.

Thanks in anticipation

- P V Sekaran

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 08:34:46 AM »
Here is the MaxCL pinouts, you wold need to turn on the option on Ports and Pins main page and all pins wold be set to whats in the below document.
ftp://machsupport.com/ExtraInformation/MaxCLPINASSCL.TXT

Hood

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 12:11:47 PM »
Hi PV

You could use MaxCL mode but if I read your man correctly, your drive is configurable so you could also use regular step/dir mode. See pages 23 to 25. Dip switch setting FR - set this to On (step/dir mode). Connect your step pin (PP pin 2) to driver pin 2 and your dir pin (PP pin 3) to driver pin 4. Then connect a nice clean 5V to driver pins 1 and 3. Then by pulling PP pins 2, 3 low you get to light up your optos and watch it dance.

Usual conditions apply - if it breaks your pooter, your driver or your heart - you get to keep the pieces.

btw i am a chartered accountant.
Hay - don't worry - someone has to be...  ;D

Ian
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 09:43:53 AM »
Thanks a lot. I have dropped the idea of buying from this vendor . I was under the impression that i am getting 3 ( motors and drives ) for about $350 according to his quote, and now only he is clarifying that i have to pay $1050. there was ambiguity in his quote.

Hence i dropped the idea of buying Sanyo denki and now i am looking for cheaper alternatives.

Thank you very much for your time and advice.

PV

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 10:58:09 AM »
Have a look at the Gecko G540, it has 4 axis drives and a breakout combined, you will not get it and three motors for $350 but depending on the motors you need you may just be about the $400 to $450

Hood