Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:20:06 AM

Author Topic: MACH3 & Wine Ubuntu  (Read 7383 times)

MACH3 & Wine Ubuntu
« on: August 13, 2011, 01:05:48 PM »
Hello,

I have Ubuntu 10.04 & Wine. I have installed Mach3 R2.63 and i get several messages : "unable to register components C:\Mach3\VideoOCXTools.ocx; C:\Mach3\NTGraph.ocx &
C:\Mach3\SMTX.ocx"
I suppose Mach3 can't find it, which package is involved with that ? Is it Wine ? What are the name of the packages ?
thank you !

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: MACH3 & Wine Ubuntu
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 03:45:34 PM »
Mach is a windows programme.
Hood

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 08:23:23 AM »
michel, you may want to do a google search for that as I don't see a lot of users going with Mach 3 under wine.

http://www.google.com/search?q=running+mach+3+under+wine%3F&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1

If you're using Linux, EMC2 is probably the way to go for you-
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 05:54:39 PM »
Has there been any progress in using Mach3 with Ubuntu?
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 09:47:47 PM »
Hi,
my understanding is that Mach is a Windows program and no-one I've ever heard of has managed to run udner Wine.

I did get involved with a discussion a while back on the Mach4 board and smurph made the following comment:

We have an old build that runs on Linux.  In fact, we demoed Mach 4 at IMTS 6 years ago on a Linux machine.  So yeah, it will run on other platforms.  But Linux is not where the majority of our customers are at the moment.  So we have been concentrating on the Windows platform.  I hope to have a Linux build by the end of the year though.  Once we get that going, we'll keep it in sync with the Windows build from that point on.  However, the Linux build will be more for OEMs and such and run on a dedicated distribution of Linux.  We simply can't get into the world of supporting all of the flavors of Linux.  We will probably choose a CentOS distribution.  We may make it available to end users on a strictly "you are on your own" kind of thing with ZERO support from our ticketing system or phone support (meaning only forum based support from other users).

smurph is a Mach4 guru, if he says something then it IS SO. That Mach4 has been run under Linux came as a surprise. That there may be a Linux version at some future date
even more so.

For all that its interesting, if you want to run Mach 3 or 4 use Windows, if you really hate Microsoft and refuse to use Windows then run LinuxCNC under Linux and be done with it!

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'