Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 06:13:15 AM

Author Topic: Slaved Axis Direction  (Read 7698 times)

BoatBuilder

Re: Slaved Axis Direction
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 07:58:28 PM »
Hey Ger21,

I followed the Mach setup videos & doco in conjunction with the motor and driver recommendations. Full speed is just my way of saying "jogging at 100%". I am happy with speed of the motors which is well inside the maximums for the motors. My motors were stalling at that speed only when 2 or more of them were running. Thanks to the forum I changed some Mach settings and that helped a lot but at 100% jogging rate they were still stalling from time to time albeit a lot less. That's when I added the connecting shaft on the X motors and upgraded the drivers. Had no problems since, but the shaft came off this morning.

Cheers
Rod

BoatBuilder

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 08:05:51 PM »
Hey Ger21,

I followed the Mach video & doco in conjunction with the motor and driver setup information. Full speed is just my was of saying "jogging at 100%" I was happy with the motor speed - which is well in side the recommendation for the motors but when I engaged two or more motors at that speed one or more of them would randomly stall. Thanks to the forum I changed some Mach settings and that helped a lot but the stalling still occurred albeit a lot less. That's when I upgraded my drivers and installed the connecting shaft, had no problems since but the shaft came off last night.

Cheers
Rod

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 08:08:55 PM »
which is well in side the recommendation for the motors

It's impossible to recommend a speed that steppers can be run at, unless the exact steppers, power supply, and drives have been tested on the exact machine you'll be using.

Every machine is different, and the only way to determine the top speed is trial and error.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html