Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:41:40 AM

Author Topic: A new arrival  (Read 4296 times)

A new arrival
« on: August 09, 2011, 05:25:12 PM »
Not really associated with Mach3 but been using it ( Mach3) for a couple of years now.

Just want to share with you my last purchase.

I'm still learning the Haas control.

Worked on Mazak, Okuma and Unisign for the last 25 years but never on a Haas.

Just got it last week.

Jeff
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:26:44 PM by ostie01 »
Re: A new arrival
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 05:27:48 PM »
Some more Pics.

Jeff

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 10:19:45 AM »
Nice everything and like the shop.
BTW, so clean and neat that i must ask......
Do you make anything there?  :D
RICH
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 03:13:03 PM »
Thanks for the comment.

Most of client I what to do business with require that we must be ISO or at least they have to come to your place for an inspection.

Every thing must be clean, well organized and give proof of quality control.

Jeff

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 06:05:36 AM »
Jeff,
Truely understand. We had numerous machine shops at one of the places i did design. Shop rules were strictly enforced and appearance was like yours.
Safety was first and you stayed within the yellow walk zones. Some shops we inspected failed on sight because we would not enter the facilities and  they were deemed unsafe based on appearance and observed worker personal proctection. QC, certifications, safety records, demonstarted ability, etc. were
then submitted for approval. Good show as you passed the first test. The saying "I know it when i see it" comes to mind. ;)
RICH
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 03:04:32 PM »
Anyway, the time you take to clean and organize the shop is well rewarded by the time you save looking for something, you know where it is.

What I miss most is some cabinet to organize drills, end mills and others bits.

These cabinet are so expensive, I can't really afford them

Jeff

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 08:49:10 PM »
I use the 50 count plastic reloading boxes for pistol shells / cut the top half off ....357 & 44 mag do well for 3/8 & 1/2 end mills. Just be carefull on selecting them. Drills are held in the plastic sorters that you can buy cheap. Don't fit in a drawer to well but  available on sight for what you want and easy to replace.
One holder which is circular holds a complete set of letter, number and by 64 ths for reamers selection. 
The cabinets can get expensive and definetly want ones with roller bearing for the drawers.  Keep watch for used cabinets.
FWIW
RICH

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 02:28:38 AM »
Very nice! I'm jealous!
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 09:30:30 PM »
I use the 50 count plastic reloading boxes for pistol shells / cut the top half off ....357 & 44 mag do well for 3/8 & 1/2 end mills. Just be carefull on selecting them. Drills are held in the plastic sorters that you can buy
RICH

I only have a .22 long riffle, not much help, at least, I could use it for 1/8 end mills ;D ;D ;D

Jeff