Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:59:27 AM

Author Topic: New Hermes Vanguard 3400  (Read 15476 times)

New Hermes Vanguard 3400
« on: August 08, 2011, 06:09:51 PM »
Looking for Help,
    My company has recently purchased a New Hermes Vanguard 3400 Engraving machine…..and I have been tasked with the job of figuring out how to run it….unfortunately I am not the most “tech” savvy person.;…and I’ve hit a “brick” wall so to speak……if there is anyone out there who would be willing to give me some help I’d REALLY appreciate it….I don’t usually become this stumped but I don’t know where else to turn…..

Aggravated with engraving in Seattle :P
206-767-4144

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: New Hermes Vanguard 3400
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 06:42:12 PM »
Can you explain what the problem is?
Also I do remember seeing posts regarding these machines here so a search may help you come up with some answers.

Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 06:48:27 PM »
Ashleigh,
If someone has that machine and it's associated software then someone may offer to help you.
This forum covers a lot of general topics but it is mainly about using Mach 3 as the controlling software.

Your "system" is made up of a PC with has a contolling program ( ie; given a set of instructions it will send signals to the motors
so they create movement of the axis). Additionaly there is probably a engraving program which generates the code / instructions to be given to the controlling program and once recieved it will execute those instructions. SO the controlling program must be set up to move the axis properly and then you need to learn how to use the engraving software.

So start reading the manuals. If you don't understand your controllng program or the other software to some level you will never run the machine properly.
If you post info on it maybe someone will read up on it and can assist in specifics.

If I was your boss, I woud have included in the purchase tech support or some training for using the machine.
But cheapo's that they are today, they just dump something on someone and magicaly expect things to happen.
My boss...heck bosses .....know i have a FM key on the keyboard ....so they request ...and i just press the key....
and so it is done. ;)

RICH

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 06:48:39 PM »
I cant seem to get the machine to stay at a "start" point when programed.....my boss had a template made so i need to get it to start engraving at a certain point and it seems to want to go to the upper left to start every time....

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 06:52:20 PM »
Ok so is this machine running Mach or has it got the original control on it? I presumed because you wre here it has been converted to Mach but maybe that is not the case?
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 07:29:32 PM »
Ashleigh,
Take a look in the manual ( the controller manual ) your looking for a picture of the internals / boards  of the controller since you can change location
of the X & Y zero location. Not sure what you will find as the posted pic was from their site and maybe for something newer.
Should be able to change it via the controlling software or switches.

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 07:34:20 PM »
Hood,
It's old technology and not running Mach.
So without the controller and software manual can't give any specific advice on what to do.

RICH

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 01:50:39 AM »
Ashleigh,

You may find some useful information regarding your Hermes in this topic over on the Zone. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/engraving_machines/

Tweakie.
PEACE