Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:43:55 PM

Author Topic: Coming out of jog error  (Read 4671 times)

Coming out of jog error
« on: August 08, 2011, 12:30:22 AM »
I jog back a little and then forward to take out any backlash. I set the dial indicator to zero and push the DRO button to zero it. I type the command x1 and than x0. The indicator reads about 70 for a backlash of somewhere around 0.03. I didn't touch anything, just typed again x1 and than x0 and the dial stayed at the same place, about 70. I did this a few times, the typing of the command, and the dial stayed at the same place.

I repeated the whole above procedure with the same results. Next I typed x -0.1 and than x0. Made sure DRO and indicator where on zero and typed x1 and than x0 and the dial stayed on zero, no backlash.

My question is: why coming out of a jog it gives me a backlash and when typing the commands I have no backlash, nil.
Re: Coming out of jog error
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 06:35:10 PM »
I made more test today.

With the machine on I jogged and set the dial to zero. I turned the machine off In Mach I put in x1 and x0. I turned the machine on the put in x1 and x0 and had nil backlash.
I turned the machine off and jogged in Mach. I turned the machine on and put in x1 and x0 and again, nil backlash.
I made the same procedure as in the first post, just to make sure it repeats it self and had the same result as in the first post.

I can't explain the problem and I don't know where to look for the problem.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 06:40:30 PM »
Attach your xml please, also a little info about the type of machine and screws, drives motors etc may help.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 06:50:04 PM »
please dumb some of this info down for me as my tech knowledge is so very limited.....

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 06:54:25 PM »
please dumb some of this info down for me as my tech knowledge is so very limited.....

Not really sure what you mean, are you the same guy ( JustInTime) or have you posted in the wrong thread?

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 06:55:15 PM »
Ah Ok see you are the Hermes guy so just posted in the wrong thread :)
Hood
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 07:03:21 PM »
The machine is a PhlatPrinter. All axis' are driven by timing belts. The y axis as a 1:1 and the x axis has a ration, which I think, is 1:2. The y axis is a gantry and runs on v-grooved ball-bearings. The x axis are two rollers that are covered with anti-slip tape. They move the material on the x axis direction. You can see it here: http://www.phlatboyz.com The steppers are 256ozi  nema 23

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 07:15:36 PM »
JustInTime, I have sent you a private message.

Hood