Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:43:08 PM

Author Topic: mach3 estop external switch issue  (Read 16764 times)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: mach3 estop external switch issue
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 05:06:49 PM »
Terry - what's the thing with you and goats at the moment - should we be concerned?  ;D

Ian

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 07:35:17 PM »
(;-)  Actually I just bought my oldest granddaughter a new baby show goat. Seeing how I sport a white goatee style beard she started calling me her "Old Goat" so I guess that word is stuck in my brain for a while. Don't worry it will pass(;-)

(;-) TP

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 02:25:54 AM »
Going off topic and reverting to the fingers issue;

I have friends in the woodworking industry who have missing parts of fingers. It is perhaps surprising but they were not lost through lack of experience (one had 40 years in the trade) they were lost through complacency and familiarity with the machines they used and they will all say that they have no one to blame except themselves.

Take care Guys - It is not luck that keeps fingers it is vigilance.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2011, 10:43:46 AM »
As my Granddad told me LONG ago. Bad habits are not your friend(most do save time). They will follow behind you all your life and when you least suspect jump out from behind you and bite you in the ARS.

(;-) TP

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2011, 11:25:27 AM »
I have a feed hold button, a cycle start button breaker and a spindle power cut off on my lathe's door. So things are very much safe as long as i think. It has some big steppers on it so if i unfortunately get hit by one of my axis sometime, i am sure there will be some broken bones. but i have seen guys of my age spending months on bed after breaking their ribs on skates on AXN. LOL!

Ok, thanks for everyone's comments and help. Giving up that estop issue, i would like to know about the limitations of modbus or serial communication with mach3.
I am going to start a new thread. please share your knowledge