Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:54:54 AM

Author Topic: mach3 estop external switch issue  (Read 16795 times)

mach3 estop external switch issue
« on: August 03, 2011, 01:11:37 PM »
hello friends,
i just added external switches to my lathe (mach3) including an estop. Everything just works fine. When i push the estop button, the mach enters into reset mode but when i twist or unlatch it, the mach still remains in estop mode and i have to click the reset button on mach3 screen using my mouse to get to the normal mode.
Where is the problem? I have wired estop as active high and my switch is NO.

hope someone has an idea out there.
regards,
jasminder singh
Re: mach3 estop external switch issue
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 01:47:37 PM »
That is the normal operation for Mach3. I'm not sure but you may be able to write a brain to reset Mach3 after releasing the Estop but I'm not sure on that.

TJ

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 02:52:37 PM »
That is the way ALL machines should be. Auto restart is a dangerous thing in motion control . You do have the Estop button shutting off all power to the machine right? as well as notifing MACH to go into estop.

(;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 11:46:26 PM »
That is the way ALL machines should be. Auto restart is a dangerous thing in motion control . You do have the Estop button shutting off all power to the machine right? as well as notifing MACH to go into estop.

(;-) TP
But i don't think it should be like that. Mach3 will be in estop untill i do not twist the estop switch. After twisting it, mach should come out in normal running mode. Is there a way to do it? Will a macropump do it?
if yes then can anyone help me finding out the "RESET" code or statement?

regards,
jasminder singh
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 11:56:11 PM »
ok here is what i have---

if not isactive(input1)  then       'estop active high input to my bob
dooembutton(1021)          "oem button code for reset
endif

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 03:33:54 AM »
Hi Jas,

I understand what you are trying to achieve but safety must always take priority and as Terry has already said this is a dangerous way to go.

Far greater minds than ours have decided this is the way it will be and for good reason and what you are attempting could perhaps be considered as the equivalent to defeating a safety switch or machine interlock.

We must all pay strict attention to safety if we are to "live to machine another day"  ;)

Tweakie.

(I think I must have been a safety officer in a previous life)  ;D
PEACE

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 04:02:57 AM »
One issue I see with this if Mach tries to put itself into Reset will the macropump allow it, for example hit a limit, now  Mach will be a lot faster than the macropump so it will go into reset but the macropump may constantly be trying to press the Reset Button and Mach constantly putting itself into Reset, this may cause issues.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 04:21:22 AM »
Actually thinking about it a bit more, the reset button is a toggle so would it not constantly be getting switched on and off with the macropump?
Hood

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 07:12:55 AM »
Actually thinking about it a bit more, the reset button is a toggle so would it not constantly be getting switched on and off with the macropump?
Hood
Indeed it would - just tried it. Mach he go chrazy.

Reminds me of a retired carpenter I met once who only had two fingers left. That must have been some nasty accident I said. Oh - I didn't do them all at the same time he said...

Ian

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 07:27:17 AM »
 ;D ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE