Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:58:32 AM

Author Topic: advice please  (Read 5572 times)

advice please
« on: September 25, 2009, 08:26:40 PM »
I'm the beginner in CNC, i have small workshop and used manual machines. I want try to make simple cnc router 4 axis, i don't know anything about the electronic component in cnc machine. Could you tell me everything that i need to buy, so i can make this simple cnc router? except the mechanical component, because we have it. For your note, i lived in Indonesia. thank you

sincerely
Ridwan

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
advice please
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 12:39:41 PM »
Hi Ridwan,

For a simple machine why not purchase one of the cheap Chinese driver boards, which are fully Mach compatable then all you need are a 24Volt power supply and set of stepper motors if you do not already have them.  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-Axis-CNC-Stepper-Motor-TA8435H-Driver-Board-Mach-2-3_W0QQitemZ250504766065QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item3a533f6271&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

Tweakie.
PEACE
advice please
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 10:49:23 PM »
Hi Tweakie..

Thank you for your suggestion.
However,what i really want is to enjoy the making of the machine.
It will feel different if you could make your own machine right?
I need the electronic components such as stepper motors,control,driver etc which is needed to make the machine.
The machine construction itself , I want to design it by myself.
Because the materials needed to build the construction is available here in Indonesia ; such as ball screw, alluminium extraction etc..
If I could buy the electronic materials , could you guide me to assemble and run it?
Thanks in advance for your reply  :D

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
advice please
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 02:50:39 AM »
Hi Ridwan,

Everything I think you will need to know is already contained in this forum, all you have to do is carry out a search for the topic you are working on at the time and others experiences are detailed and discussed. There is a mine of information here.

I, for one, built my own router using this method and, if you wish, you can view my progress on my website :-

http://www.cooperman.talktalk.net/

Hope this helps and good fortune in your build,

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
advice please
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 01:04:22 PM »
I thank you for that site Tweakie.  I looked at it often in my own construction.  I agree with you too, that to really build your own machine, you gotta do your own research, ask question, design, have setbacks, improve, etc.  I know my machine isn't the greatest, but I'm proud of what I've done so far;)

Barry
advice please
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 01:34:30 PM »
i made my own circuit board using 2803 ic will this work with MACH3

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
advice please
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 03:21:22 AM »
It all depends on the rest of your circuit - The 2803 is just a driver and is limited to 500mA per phase which is marginal.
A better choice, from the Alegro range, would be the A3979 which can provide up to 2.5A per phase also taking care of stationary current limiting, microstepping etc. etc. and requires few additional components to make a complete driver and is, of course, fully Mach3 compatible.

Tweakie.
PEACE
advice please
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 02:01:20 PM »
thanks Tweakie.CNC ! I will check those out
advice please
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 04:29:15 PM »
I have an Adept 3 axis robot that I want to convert to a router. It has servo motors and matching amplifiers but I don't like the Adept control's user interface. Can I use Mach3 on a PC with a controller to run this thing? What Kind of contriller should I get?  Thanks, Mike

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
advice please
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 02:41:55 AM »
Mike,

Is your robot an 'arm' or 'linear flatbed' device ?.

Tweakie.
PEACE