Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 09:12:50 AM

Author Topic: Home limits  (Read 2809 times)

Home limits
« on: July 31, 2011, 12:48:13 PM »
Hi All, it is a long time since I had any problems but I have just rebuilt my CNC Router and decided to fit homing limit switches.

I followed the self set up on all the Axis ( or I think so) and what I am getting is Z axis goes to the home switch and backs then X axis goes to home stitch and backs off but when the Y axis hoes to the home switch it goes into E stop.

This is driving me mad as I have tried several times to config the settings, some times the home switch on the Z and X axis goes into E stop after I have (as I think) re set the home switches.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks
Ray

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Home limits
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 12:54:26 PM »
You would seem to have a bouncing switch on the Y, what would seem to be happening is axis moves, hits switch, Mach sees that so starts to reverse but because switch is bouncing on the contacts Mach sees it close again then it opens and Mach sees that as an E-Stop.
Setting some Debounce Interval on General Config page may help, try 2000 then work down if it helps. But having said that debounce is masking the issue rather than curing it so often better to sort the switch out.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 08:21:16 PM »
Cheers Hood, I will try that, I have some new limit switches so I might try swapping them

Cheers
Ray
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 07:52:39 AM »
Thanks for the help Hood I change one of the micro switches and it now works great.
Ray

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 08:38:02 AM »
Good you got it :)
Hood