Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:27:29 PM

Author Topic: Need a little help on steps per min  (Read 3686 times)

Need a little help on steps per min
« on: July 30, 2011, 12:36:46 PM »
Finally back at my 4 X 8 precision Plasma build, been off of it due to heavy work load.

If I try to cut a 5" X 5" square the  Y is 5" but the X is 4 inches. I have all the steps per min the same on the X, Y, and A axis so I can't figure out what is wrong. I verifid the G code as having 5" move ment on all 4 sides.

I'm attaching the XML code (I hope) Thanks Hood for getting me straight on the XML

Thanks for any help
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 12:38:51 PM by Largemouthlou »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Need a little help on steps per min
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
Are they meant to be the same? Could it be you have drives with dip switches for microstepping settings and you have them a bit different? XML looks fine I think, not sure on plasma stuff as I have never used/set up one.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 01:28:44 PM »
Yes, they have the same gear reductiuon same amount of teeth and Ron gave them the same values on his instruction sheet. There has to be something I missed somewhere but not sure.

Thanks for looking Hood :D

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 01:41:58 PM »
Use the Set Steps button and see what it comes up with, its on the Settings page just above the Reset Button. Well it is on the standard Plasma screen, so if its not on yours then temporarily load the standard one.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 03:20:04 PM »
I was looking for that earlier on the screen I'm using and it wasn't there, I didn't think of trying one of the other profiles.. I will get back down there early tomorrow and mess with that for awhile.. Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 03:26:07 PM »
Dont use a different profile, just go to View menu then Load Screen and choose either the mill or plasma screen. Do the calibration then once done swap back to your normal screen if you want.
Other thing it could be is the axis losing steps but that would only be likely if the axis isnt moving the same amount each time.
Hood