Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:19:04 PM

Author Topic: z out of wack, i can t figure it out  (Read 2124 times)

z out of wack, i can t figure it out
« on: July 27, 2011, 12:47:24 AM »
wow, here i am again requesting help. atached is my xlm file,   i think i had a brown out or automatic windows update.  i have been fiddeling with this for days. i do have  it working but things are off. x and y are ok except for shuttering in the curves even at low speeds.  the z way off!  i have been through the docs several times. and looked at many forum threads. it must be in the ball screw setup ?   don't know how it would have changed?  i think i have a standard acme screw 10" long .75 in diameter 9 tpi. direct drive to the servo.  also when i press the stop button, the bit does not raise, it stays in the work.  i think i have looked and changed everything.  what the heck am i missing.  thank you.  tony in indianapolis, indiana usa

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: z out of wack, i can t figure it out
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 04:58:10 AM »
Use the set steps button on the Settings page to work out the correct unts. Best way is to calculate but if your measuring is accurate the button will get you close.

Sounds like its the safe Z you are wanting, have a look at it, its under the Config menu.

Hood