Hello Guest it is October 14, 2019, 05:14:02 AM

Author Topic: Gecko 320x won't fault during test like they should.  (Read 2418 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Jackal

*
  •  151 151
    • View Profile
Gecko 320x won't fault during test like they should.
« on: July 23, 2011, 10:04:51 PM »
My servos are getting hooked up now.


In accordance with the Gecko manual I have completed checking the  encoders.

Now the step & direction process  has me stumped.

The Gecko320x is supposed to fault when it receives step signals & the motor armature isn't connected.

Mine won't  fault.

I have checked the continuity on the wires with an ohm meter.

The B_o_b is showing that Mach is sending steps through it. ( The B_o_b is a PMDX 126)

The steps aren't reaching the drives somehow.

After searching for fault problems on here, there aren't any problems where the drive "won't fault." ;D

I'm sure it will be stupidly simple when someone points it out. :-[

My encoders ( AMT 103) are set at 500. The Geckos are set at (+/- 256 default) following error.< This setting I don't know enough about to  mess with.

The following error settings is something I don't fully understand.

Thanks,
JAckal
Everything is bio-degradable if you run over it enough with a lawnmower.
Re: Gecko 320x won't fault during test like they should.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 12:51:34 AM »
Since you apparently have the encoders connected, but no the motors, try spinning the motor by hand.  The Gecko should fault.  Does it?  Sounds to me like you most likely don't have Step/Dir wired correctly, so the Gecko is simply not seeing any step pulses.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Jackal

*
  •  151 151
    • View Profile
Re: Gecko 320x won't fault during test like they should.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 02:01:09 AM »
Himy,

You got it. It wasn't getting the step pulses.

 I had wired everything up and had started a "Hurco .xml file".

All this time I had been loading it.

There was a PMDX sample .xml file I had downloaded, but it wasn't in the Mach computer controller.

In my mind ::), I had changed it's  name to the Hurco file. (This was back in March.)

At 12:00 midnight,  it occurred to me that maybe the .xml file was wrong, etc.
 
I went out and loaded the PMDX sample and now it works.

The old " Hurco.xml"  had different pins & connectors on the B_o_b assigned to the  X-axis.

There is  movement!!!!

This machine may actually work again. :-[

Thanks Himy,

For taking the time to answer.

JAckal
Everything is bio-degradable if you run over it enough with a lawnmower.