Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:41:22 AM

Author Topic: Program Stops Running  (Read 2185 times)

Program Stops Running
« on: July 21, 2011, 12:40:38 PM »
I have a pretty simple program that I am having problems with. If I run the program with the spindle off the program runs fine. When I run the spindle it will stop running at different times in the program, but typically near the beginning of the run. What appears to be the problem is the Z axis. The first part of the program there are 8 holes that are drilled, the second is 8 counterbores around the holes. The last step of the program is a circular cutout and a square cutout. The last step the Z axis is not rapiding up and down so it appears that the rapid Z axis movement with the spindle running is the problem. I've changed my Step Pulse and Dir Pulse, I originally had it set to 1, I then changed to 2, I got through the drilling cycle, but the program stopped running. I changed to 3 and the program stopped in the drilling cycle. I have no idea where to start or what to do.
Re: Program Stops Running
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 12:45:23 PM »
I restarted Mach3 and ran my program again, this time I got through the drilling cycle, During the counterboring the Y axis lost steps and then the program stopped.
Re: Program Stops Running
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 02:56:41 PM »
I had two printer cables hooked together, apparently one of them was causing the problem.