Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:27:38 AM

Author Topic: Problem with A-Axis Homing  (Read 2772 times)

Problem with A-Axis Homing
« on: July 21, 2011, 01:19:46 AM »
Hi I am a newbies and I have a problem with homing A-axis. I have use the optical sensor as my homing switch. When I put homing button the A-axis is rotated to the home switch after it found the sensor. It stop and go back a little bit and machine coordinate is change to zero like the other XYZ axis.  My question is How to force the A-axis to stop and not go back after it hit the home switch.

Thank you

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with A-Axis Homing
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 04:40:30 AM »
It needs to reverse, it is part of the homing procedure as an axis will move until it sees the switch then reverse until it again doesnt see the switch then that position is set as zero.
What is your problem with this?  If you explain maybe something can be suggested.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 05:29:45 AM »
Thank you for your reply. The reason that I need A-Axis to Stop and not go back when it hits the home switch is my A-Axis can go +90 degrees and -90 degree. I like the A-Axis to be zero when it is perpendicular with X-Axis. When my A-axis is hit the home switch it goes back a little bit which is not perpendicular with X-Axis but my DRO tell it is zero position. Therefore when I move +45 degree it will goes like +48 degree(DRO shows +45 Degree) but when i do the negative like -45 degree it will goes -42 degree (DRO shows -45 Degree) because the home of A-Axis is not perpendicular with X-Axis. I have installed the sensor which is perpendicular with the X-Axis.  I like my A-Axis to stop like this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJgh8DUfhfE when I press the home Button

Thank you

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 05:40:48 AM »
The slower your acceleration the further it will reverse.

Two options.
1.Set a Home Off value equal to the amount you are away from perpendicular. What this will do is enter that value instead of zero, you can then move to zero by code, MDI or even from VB in the RefAll button.

2.Move the switch by the amount it is off.
Hood