Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:57:35 AM

Author Topic: Motors not tuning  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Pico

•  35 35
    • View Profile
Motors not tuning
« on: July 20, 2011, 05:26:05 PM »
I installed Mach3 in my cnc computer several years ago and used it for a large job and several smaller projects since then, and recently installed a new harddrive in it and am attempting to get it running again but can't get the motors to turn. I watched the trouble shooting videos and did a search here about this problem but still can't beat it. One thing struck me as odd: I found on checking the parallel port the address was 03FB ( or maybe 03F8, I used both), which I put in the Engine configuration- Ports and Pins. The DROs are working but the motors don't turn. I can hand turn the motors when the power is off but not when the power is on. I have read about checking the voltage with a multimeter but uncertain how to do that. Do I have a parallel port problem? Any help appreciated. Thanks,   Pico

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Motors not tuning
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 05:53:07 PM »
I think you are looking at the serial port address  (Com Port) rather than the parallel port address (LPT port)
Enter 0378 for the address (assuming its the onboard port)  and see if it works.
Hood

Offline Pico

•  35 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 06:37:23 PM »
Tried that and it doesn't work. It looks like I don't have a LPT port, only COM1. When I was having it worked on, I remember some conversation about a new port that I didn't understand. Should I have a LPT port installed? Thanks,   Pico

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 04:33:05 AM »
Have a look in device manager and see if there is a LPT or other parallel port listed.
If not then go into the BIOS and see if its disabled.
Hood

Offline Pico

•  35 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 09:52:22 AM »
Hood,      Using your post from several days ago and from a post that you answered from 4 years ago ( Serial port?) , my friend who installed my new hard drive decided the problem was not having a parallel port, so he installed one. Now motors are tuning very well.   Thanks!     Pico

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 01:58:12 PM »
Glad to hear you got it sorted :)
Hood