Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:05:51 AM

Author Topic: Virtual numeric keyboard  (Read 13168 times)

Virtual numeric keyboard
« on: July 18, 2011, 08:48:30 AM »
Hello,

as said in the subject, I wrote a plug in which lets you set DRO's. Some data:
You can assign up to 6 DRO's
The button size can be be adjusted to your needs, which effects also the dialog size
2 skins available Normal and some kind of 3d look
plain numeric keypad and numeric keypad with a little math option (add, sub, mult, div, root, power) where you can also read DRO's for math operation
startable from Mach3 menu, or from a screenset button with the following property SetUserLED(1100,1) the LED number must not be used by any other plug in, or control element. A tuturial video is on my homepage under:
Downloads -> MachScreen Videos-> using the build in Editor

Under Config you can:
set the LED number
select Number pad or Math number pad
select language English, German
assign the DRO to the keypad
define the number of used DRO's
set button size
select skin

under Settings you can:
set the font for the Keys, Edit field and the DRO names

The program is in Beta state. I would really appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Klaus

The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.
Re: Virtual numeric keyboard
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 09:52:50 AM »
Hi

I forgot to mention the download address:

http://www.kd-dietz.com/klausphp/index_eng.htm

Projects -> Mach3 Plugin virt. keypad

Klaus

andrewm

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 03:56:36 PM »
Just installed this, very neat tool! Touchscreen users will love this I bet! :)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 09:27:04 PM »
Klaus, Thank you very much for another great contribution.  I agree with Andrew, touch screen users will love it I think.  Your great!

I have loaded this on my desk top PC and I hope to give it a try on the lathe soon.  Best I can tell it works exactly as it should.  I would like to be able to set it to pop up any time any dro is clicked in, click the numbers you want to set in the dro and hit enter.  Enter would then enter the data into the dro and the VNK (virtual numeric keyboard) would hide again.  The VNK placement once called would be the bugger I think.  Wouldn't want it to cover certain things at certain times.  Maybe it could be made nearly transparent?  If it had all keyboard functions needed to edit Gcode and DROs I would dedicate a space in my screen sets for it (and throw the physical keyboard under a shelf somewhere  :) ) to stay all the time eliminating placement issues.  It would be nice to be able to have an option of it auto hiding or staying up all the time.  If you want to go further having one that will do the above and the ability for the user to edit the graphics on it would win a permanent home on most all touch screens I'm sure.  I think a lot of users have been looking for an alternative to a physical keyboard.

Thanks Klaus,
Brett     
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 04:37:13 PM »
Hi Brett,

making the window transparent, shouldn't be a problem.
For the moment I don't have any idea how to recognize a selected (clicked) DRO.
I don't have a touch screen for testing, as far as I know there are there different touch screens on the market, some are multiple touch, others are single touch. With the single touch type I don't think you can recognize characters in conjunction with shift or ctrl keys. 
Another question which arises is the size of a keyboard with a complete set of characters.

Klaus