Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:32:52 PM

Author Topic: Manual Z?  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Rikk

•  19 19
    • View Profile
Manual Z?
« on: July 15, 2011, 02:23:56 PM »
I've got the X and Y working (temporary mounts) and want to use the current functionality to make the Z mount, is there anyway in mach 3 to say "you do not control Z, pause when a Z move takes place"?

Or, if not...

Can I do a search and replace on the NC file to replace the Z moves with a pause? if this is the case what do I search for and change it to?

Thanks

..............Rikk

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Manual Z?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 03:10:08 PM »
You could replace Z moves with a M1 and it will halt if you have Optional Stop enabled. In fact you could really just leave the Z moves enabled if they are all on their own line ( ie no other axis moving at same time) then you just add the M1 before or after a Z move. That would mean if you wanted to run the code in the future with the Z axis then all you would need to do is turn off the Optional stop.

Hood

Offline Rikk

•  19 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 05:21:40 PM »
Thanks for that, worked out how to do a find/replace to add M1 on to the end of each Z action, tomorrow I'll give it a bash.
Just need to work out how to get the zero on my nc file and the zero on the machine to match then watch for the smoke from east london ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 06:44:25 PM »
:D