Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:24:06 AM

Author Topic: Homing offset, kind of  (Read 2239 times)

Homing offset, kind of
« on: July 13, 2011, 05:18:55 PM »
I am using my limits switches for home switches.

My problem is that when I home to a microswitch it sets off the limit travel as soon as the homing is done.

My understanding is that when Mach3 homes it will activate the switch and them back off until it turns off and sets home there.

My problem is the switch is triggering again since it's so close to the active position causing a travel limit error.

Is there a way to specify a distance for the system to back off the switch after homing?

Just .020" would take care of it.

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Homing offset, kind of
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 05:31:47 PM »
Really it sounds like your switches are not positive snap action so it might be better looking for other switches. A small amount of Debounce Interval on General Config page may help, you could try 2000 then if that helps keep backing off the amount to get it as low as you can but really better switches are the answer.
You could alter the RefAll buttons VB code to move off the switch a fraction as well but I wonder if you would manage that as it may trigger the limit before the move off can be done, depends how bouncy your switches are.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 06:06:36 PM »
Thanks! That's exactly what I have been looking for.

A value of 2 was all it took to reliably home without limit errors.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 06:31:26 PM »
That sounds fine then :) Chances are it will get worse through time if it is bouncing contacts but hopefully not :)
Hood