Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:10:34 PM

Author Topic: Thank you for Lazy Turn  (Read 11003 times)

Thank you for Lazy Turn
« on: July 13, 2011, 03:56:52 PM »
I've been using Lazy Turn for profiling for about 6 months now. I think you have achieved your first goal. It is a GREAT program for the price! Thank you.  It is simple to use, it works well, it is something I've come to trust. I realize this is a hobby project, but I hope that some outside encouragement will help motivate you into moving on to development stages 4-7 (Facing, boring, cutoff, etc). It would be a great service to those of us with CNC Lathes.

Again,
THANK YOU.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you for Lazy Turn
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 09:59:33 PM »
ThomP,
It was Art's decision not to develop it further since it satisfied LazyCam's Lathe module replacement.
Takes a lot of time and in the end seems like the number of lathe users just aren't there to make it worthwhile.
Never know though ......

RICH
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 11:36:12 AM »
Pity

I had Hi expectation of Lazyturn but  unfortunately it's too much for Art.
Thanks for coming this far.

Greeting:
Willem

P.S.

Lazycam is at his end, the next Mach genaration is very quiet, what is going on that we (outsiders) don't see
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:48:48 AM by W.Jansen »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 07:47:13 PM »
Willem,
Long time no hear.....
LT is what it is ...what can i say. :)
RICH
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 08:18:38 PM »
Pity

I had Hi expectation of Lazyturn but  unfortunately it's too much for Art.
Thanks for coming this far.

Greeting:
Willem

It is a shame that Art doesn't spend another few years of his life developing a free program. LOL
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 08:05:33 AM »
Totallyrc

It is not my attention to attack Art if that is what you try to say in A nice way but I try to explain:
I have not the intellect to make the program myself, I can't afford A program like Mastercam etc.
So I am very dependent on people like Art
The Mach 3 team is almost at the point that it has all that I required to make my hobby complete.
In the last years that I read the Mach forum  and Yahoo Mach group I have learned A very lot of cnc machining so it would be pity if the  development would stop.
For the Lathe there is no  alternative for us hobbyists so that is why I am  disappointed aldo I can understand that Art put  no more time in A project that is used by ( he thinks) not
enough people

Greeting:
Willem
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 08:17:39 AM by W.Jansen »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 08:29:08 AM »
Mach's Developement is not stopping and to move forward a lot of ground work is required so the advancement can be easier.
So what seemed like a 6 month task for Brian is turning out to be a few years.

The goal of LT was to provide a better replacement for the Turn module in LC. ART accomplished that task but unfortunately didn't finish a few of the shortcommings
in the to do list. Even with those not done LT exceeds LC's turn module by leaps and bounds.

As anyone progresses in the things they want to do,  additional software will be required and just need to pay the price for the advanced capability desired both in learning and cost.

Never know what someone will donate for free. Most of the free just comes with unacceptable shortcommings depending on what you want to do.

RICH

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 10:46:12 AM »
Thanks for the info Rich.

I understand the  difficulty.
My apology if I did sound angry or ungrateful, that is in no way the intention.

Greeting:
Willem