Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:41:01 AM

Author Topic: x axis problems  (Read 8591 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
x axis problems
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 03:00:08 PM »
What you really need to do is attach the xml and to do that have it named uniquely. So maybe something like hhr08A.xml would be fine, then if you needed to attach another at a later date you would maybe call it hhr08B.xml.

Hood

Offline hhr08

•  27 27
    • View Profile
x axis problems
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 04:30:31 PM »
here it is

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
x axis problems
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2011, 04:55:56 PM »
Well nothing obviously wrong in the configuration that I can see, fairly basic setup.
So the burning questions are
When the Axis goes off track do the Toolpath view and the DROs show the errant movement or do they show the axis on track with the code?
Does it always happen at the same point in the code?

Hood

Offline hhr08

•  27 27
    • View Profile
x axis problems
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 07:09:54 PM »
I will have to check the axis in the Tool Path view tomorrow. Nomally I am more concerned with stopping and trying to retract the bit after it happens---I will also check the G-code more carefully and the location and movement of the wiring. I have my limit switches setup in a loop and seperate Estop button setup on a different pin --motor wires are seperated from all others--I will also look at wire connectons to the drives and BOB.
Also do you know of a good GCode Editor and Filter for checking G Codes.
Will let you know the results.
Thanks

Offline hhr08

•  27 27
    • View Profile
x axis problems
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2011, 01:54:54 PM »
a little late but in answer to your burning question" When the Axis goes off track do the Toolpath view and the DROs show the errant movement or do they show the axis on track with the code?**********the display or tool path shows every thing on track
Does it always happen at the same point in the code?******** No
I had previously ran the entire code in "air mode" with seemingly no problems, but in machine mode the project was about 80 percent complete and then Y axis went off tack (no hole to chinia) -------stopped the project and tried to zero and it would not zero back to its correct location.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
x axis problems
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 07:25:38 AM »
Problem would seem to be hardware related then as Mach gets the info for DROs and Toolpath from the pulses it puts out.
Hood