Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:55:56 PM

Author Topic: About the Licence restrictions  (Read 4754 times)

About the Licence restrictions
« on: December 06, 2006, 07:35:52 PM »
I was wondering about the licence restrictions..If I have multiple computers at my shop ( two running the demo mode right now and another inside where it is warm and comfy),do I need to buy three licences?? or can I copy the one licence to use in all three machines..??...Michael

Hood

Re: About the Licence restrictions
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 07:53:02 PM »
I think Arts take on this is you can use the license on as many computers as you like if they are not running machines. If you are using it on two computers to control two different machines it is preferred that you buy two licenses but its left up to your conscience.
Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 08:04:31 PM »
The best I understand its like this. Art doesn't mind you having multiple machines running on the same licenses for testing, however they ask that if you are using the machines to make money, you buy a license for each. I think this is unbelievable fair. For what you get for the money, it would be an insult not too purchase the license if you are producing with Mach. Play with it all you want, but when you decided to go with it, and you will, buy a licenses for each machine. If everybody jumps in the pool and splashes some water out, somebody has to put some back in or the pool will cease to exist. ;D
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 08:27:53 PM »
Oh I don't mind the money at all...At the price set,I think for what the software can do,the price seems a bit low..This is what i have..one computer inside where all the design and try outs will take place,with no machine hooked to it...then I have one 3 axes mill outside to another computer ..when I design a part simulate here inside,I save the tap file to a disc and walk out to the shop and load and cut it...The plan is to get another computer and make another 3 axes mill,with more speeds and precision,but to also keep the old machine setup...I am honest to say when I say that if I need to buy another licence, I will..I was just wondering how it worked...Michael

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 08:36:56 PM »
Michael,
    I didn't mean to sound like I was getting on you, just stating my thoughts. ;D I don't think Art will mind you having a copy in your office to work with at all. ;D

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 08:56:10 PM »
No please, everything is cool here,really!!..I just didn't know what the rules of this where...That is sometimes a problem in forums..you don"t hear the tone that the message was written in..and you think that someone is upset or something..But I am not !!...Really!!.I am more than happy to pay for multiple copies and I will soon enough when I get the new machine running...I just didn't know...

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 09:12:16 PM »
Good, I didn't want to step on any toes. I'm happy, your happy and Hood is, well, he is Hood. Good old one of a kind Hood.  ;D

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 09:42:23 PM »
If you are using it on a machine to make money you need to get a other license file... If you are at home and running routers to make things for the kids you inly need one ;)
So if you need a copy in the office go for it!
We are nice about this

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com