Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:16:16 PM

Author Topic: update mach mill settings lost?? what is best way to fix  (Read 2655 times)

update mach mill settings lost?? what is best way to fix
« on: June 29, 2011, 09:44:40 PM »
I just upgraded and now the spindle is not turning at proper speeds,  3000 rpm on mach screen is really 1500 on my spindle now.  I backed up my mach directory just in case, should I just move a file from my old backup to the mach directory?  if so which files do i need. or do i need to confiqure everything again which I have no notes on anymore.

thanks!  R.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: update mach mill settings lost?? what is best way to fix
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 09:50:39 PM »
Find the xml file in your backup that you used and just copy it to the mach directory. That will give you back your configuration.
RICH
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 10:37:17 PM »
Thanks I tried replacing all the xml files with the old ones but it did not solve it,  I actually have a cloned hard drive of my mill so was able to re-input my motor settings,  the rpm of the motor is now correct

but this worries me there may be other things not right now.     shouldnt the xml files restore the settings?  i dont get it.  tips appreciated

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 05:36:07 AM »
Replacing the xml will restore the majority of your settings, such things as offsets, tooltables, brains and custom macros  are not contained in the xml though.
If you can not get the settings restored from a backup xml then it sounds like you may be replacing the xml and starting a different named profile from the xml's name.

Hood