Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:23:20 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 Update Installation Questions  (Read 5796 times)

Mach 3 Update Installation Questions
« on: June 27, 2011, 02:33:06 PM »
I'm running Mach 3 version R3.042.020.  I want to install the Mach 3 update R3.042.038. Do I just re-install over the old Mach 3 with the new version? I have the XML file backed up, but are there other files I need to back up so I don't mess up all the hours of set-up work?

Thanks!
Chrisinestes

andrewm

Re: Mach 3 Update Installation Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 02:57:44 PM »
If your using a custom screen set back that up, as well as make sure you have any custom macros in the macros folder backed up.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 03:22:23 PM »
If your using a custom screen set back that up, as well as make sure you have any custom macros in the macros folder backed up.

Thanks!

However... I'm just barely able to run Mach 3. I'm not proficient in it at all. I didin't set up any macros or custom screens that I know of, but I don't know if some of the set-up I did to get it running with my router & control box did anything like that. Where do I look for any macros or custom screen set-ups.

Please excuse me for being terribly inept with Mach 3.
Chris

andrewm

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 03:26:20 PM »
Sounds like your just using the regular screen set, if you customized it you would know. To be on the safe side just copy the whole macro folder and copy over the new one after you update.
C:\Mach3\macros  -  is the macro folder path.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 03:27:28 PM »
Sounds like your just using the regular screen set, if you customized it you would know. To be on the safe side just copy the whole macro folder and copy over the new one after you update.
C:\Mach3\macros  -  is the macro folder path.

Thanks! That- I can do.
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 03:44:02 PM »
What about getting my license number poked back in? Will I get the same full version w/o having to re-enter it?

andrewm

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 03:45:39 PM »
the license file should be fine, You should have that and your XML already backed up, if you dont back them up now and if it is written onver in the install just copy it back in.
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 05:37:55 PM »
Well...  Iinstalled it... I think. When I start Mach 3, it's still the old version. It installed new Icons on the desktop, and they still run the old program. I wonder what I did wrong.
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 05:56:14 PM »
Aha! The version I updated it to was the same version I had already (.020) you emailed a link to me that was supposed to be the new one, but I didn't pay enough attention to realize it's the version I already have. How do I get the new version (.038)?

andrewm

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 08:57:14 AM »
Its on the website, go to the top of the page and under downloads click the Mach and Lazycam option.