Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:22:51 AM

Author Topic: Jerky motion but only when running G-Code  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
Jerky motion but only when running G-Code
« on: June 25, 2011, 01:08:50 PM »
Using the latest lock-down version (Version R3.043.022).
Have read various "Jerky" threads and made changes to CV mode.,
Looked at Kernel Speed which shows I could run higher but leaving at 25k for the moment.
Installed MachBlue and noticed issues when running a small snippet of code that simply moves in the x-axis.

The odd thing is I don't have any problem when moving from the MDI; the axis moves smooth as butter.

So I uninstalled Mach, but kept the xml file and reinstalled Version R3.043.022 and replaced the previous saved xml.

Still doing the same thing. Can maneuver with the keyboard smoothly, can type movement directly in MDI and again move smoothly.

But when I load the code the stepper jerks, the pulses continue and of course gets workpiece positioning out of whack.

I'm at a loss.  Any where I need to start?

Everything was working fine before MachBlue, but I don't think that was the culprit at all.

Can someone take a look at my xml please?

Thanks in advance,
Vogavt

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Jerky motion but only when running G-Code
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 02:15:13 PM »
I see you have the spindle dir set to Port 1 pin 17 and also the Chargepump set to same port and pin, just wondering if that could be an issue?
Hood

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 02:34:50 PM »
I didn't make any changes manually. But the setup has been working fine for quite some time.  I just found out about MachProfileV2.08 Viewer so let me dig up some older xml files to compare.

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 03:02:38 PM »
I see you have the spindle dir set to Port 1 pin 17 and also the Chargepump set to same port and pin, just wondering if that could be an issue?
Hood

How'd you get so smart? <Grin>

Never noticed it before but it seems to have fixed the issue! I certainly wouldn't have made that change manually. Who knows?!

Running again... now I can get back to making that Double Rotating Bi-hydroxiplatinum Electrolytic Time Machine...  ;D

Thanks again!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 03:24:22 PM »
Hopefully that was all it was :)
Hood